Are you a fan of the 'Hobbit' trilogy?

• Yes
  • No
I'm talking about the trilogy only, don't compare it to the book or LotR at all, this is only the trilogy by itself

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes!!! Loved those movies. I was super sad when the last movie ended, with the credits and the music... it meant the end of the Middle Earth in movies, and I've been a fan of it since 2001 with LOTR.
    I prefer LOTR, but I still love The Hobbit.

• Whoa, not so fast. The Middle Earth is very rich in lore and untold stories. The franchises both were quite successful so I consider it likely they may end up making another movie. Peter Jackson has left but maybe others will try their hands at a original movie. Plenty of events to work with.

• Yeah, now they need to find a new director, but the problem is that the depiction of the Middle Earth will have to be similar to the movies of Peter Jackson cause that's what people are used to and NLC will ask for that, and many directors don't want to be told how to build a world, they wanna do what they have in mind.
      Also, LOTR was one of the best trilogies in history, and there's really high expectations and demands for every new movie. It won't be easy to reach the level of LOTR movies.
      And I agree, I hope they bring back the costumes and makeup and leave CGI just for the environment, cities and all that big stuff.

• @Remonster

What Girls Said 4

• Well, the book isn't a trilogy, but yes, I'd say I'm a fan of it :)

• I love both the Hobbit & LoR! The stories are just so epic omg and then there also is Legolas 😍

• Yes I am. Although I thought that The Lord Of The Rings trilogy was better

• LotR was better, the hobbit was really drawn out

• Agreed. They should have kept it two movies max. 3 movies based on one relatively short book stretched the source material really thin and it showed.

What Guys Said 11

• I like Bilbo a lot better than Frodo, he actually uses his sword and doesn't just cry like a whiny bitch all the time.

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../Bilbo+Naming+Sting.jpg

• That is true. Frodo was quite angsty in retrospect, way more so than Bilbo.

• @Remonster Yeah like Bilbo was hesitant and nervous but when they had giant spiders trying to eat them he was able to face his fear and beat them like a boss with his ring and his sting. Frodo had the same sword, same ring, gets bitten and has to be rescued by Sam.

• Nah I thought it was a bit of a step back from the Lord of the Rings movies. The outrageous and sometimes even comical action scenes were a downer, but I know the book is aimed at children more than adults so it had to fit.

Oh, and the CG was pretty damn bad, weirdly enough.

• The CG was weird sometimes, I actually prefer the orcs of LOTR when they used makeup instead of CGI. I'm a big fan of CGI since I'm an aspiring Digital Artist, but LOTR orcs looked more "scary".

• It's because even the best CGI (which The Hobbit certainly did not have) doesn't look entirely natural. Real, carefully handcrafted costumes worn by real actors just beat CGI hands down in that aspect.

By the way, if you like videogames and you wanna see good CGI cutscenes you have to check out the CGI of Blizzard's games. It's fantastic.

• I liked the book more than the movies

• To be honest, no. It began very good with its first part, but the other two were just horrible! Lord of the Rings is much better.

• Not really. They're just so slooooow... (same applies to LotR too)

• It really, really, REALLY sucked. Just read the book it takes less time than watching the 3 movies and it's entirely better.

• I actually like the movies better than the book, in the book they all seemed silly

• The book was written for kids actually, so I can understand why it may seemed silly.

• I like it... But they make it drag on for so long...

• 4don't like it as much as lotr but yeah i like it

• To be honest I haven't even watched the LOTR trilogy

• Give it a try I'd say. They're pretty epic especially the second film, The Two Towers.

• It's no game of thrones.