Who else believes in the right to bear arms? To protect their families and themselves from murders, theives and rapists?

A couple of new studies reveal the gun-control hypesters’ worst nightmare…more people are buying firearms, while firearm-related homicides and suicides are steadily diminishing. What crackpots came up with these conclusions? One set of statistics was compiled by the U. S. Department of Justice. The other was reported by the Pew Research Center.

According to DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, U. S. gun-related homicides dropped 39 percent over the course of 18 years, from 18,253 during 1993, to 11,101 in 2011. During the same period, non-fatal firearm crimes decreased even more, a whopping 69 percent. The majority of those declines in both categories occurred during the first 10 years of that time frame. Firearm homicides declined from 1993 to 1999, rose through 2006, and then declined again through 2011. Non-fatal firearm violence declined from 1993 through 2004, then fluctuated in the mid-to-late 2000s.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you have a right to defend you life. How could you not? It would be absurd for a govenement to yell you you have to just let someone kill you if they want to. I think further if you have a right you must have all reasonable means to exercise that right available to you. Again how could it be otherwise? A right without the means to exercise it is a sham. What if you had freedom of speech but only when no one could hear you?
    Reasonable means then is the question. Currently there is no means which can protect you from larger, stronger or more numerous attackers which can replace firearms. The alternatives are inadequate, so until we have something better and safer I think you ahve a right to bear arms.

• What about larger, stronger, more numerous, better trained attackers with firearms?

• Like muslim terroists?

• "What about larger, stronger, more numerous, better trained attackers with firearms?

In that case you are probably screwed but at least you're not quite as certainly screwed as you would be without a gun.

Most Helpful Girl

• 90% of statistics are fraudulent. The particular study you show is not a accurate. It does not count weapons illegally purchased , it did not count states where gun registration is not mandatory. Gun suicides only went down because most people are committing suicide with prescription drugs, having been a coroner for over a decade and now I'm a funual director I used to get an average of 11 suicides a year. About half used a gun, hanging then a couple of drug overdoses. This month alone I buried 13 drug suicides one gun death. The statistics did not count minors and it completely left out the state of Alsaka which is extremely relevant because there are still places that exist where nature is your enemy. My dumb ass left the window open and a bear reached in a grabbed my coffee maker. I didn't shoot him over that but I get bear, fox, wild boars, and bob cats reguarly and like being able to defend myself. Laws or no laws bad people will kill. Guns or no guns bad people will kill. I've been shot and stabbed being stabbed was the worst. Being shot hurt but it was quick the knife I could feel it go in and see it go in. Then when the knife is pulled out you feel the pain again and again with every plunge of the blade. Even worse was the knife he was using was a flexible fillet knife so when he hit my shoulder blade the blade didn't break it flexed and sheard the meat off of my shoulder. But I won I managed to get my shot gun from behind the kitchen door that I used to block his stabbing. The sight of the gun was enough to send him running. I never had to fire a shot. People can own weapons responsibly but too many don't. And my attacker was gunned down by police 2 miles away during his attempt to steal a car. Guns or not it's the crazy humans I'm the most waery of.

• Thats brutal I hope they nailed that bastard.

• "Guns or no guns bad people will kill" yes, ofcourse this is as true as the sky is blue. However, bad people with automatic weapons kill WAY more innocent people, than bad people withoit automatic weapons.

• You know what else kills many people at once? Pilots who fly jet liners into a mountain side. People who put bombs in government buildings in Oklahoma. Unstable people shouldn't have access to planes to fly into buildings. FBI crime date base states 88 out of 100 US citizens own fire arms. Why are so many people not dead. I mean really gun nuts should be out shooting up everything? I was being stabbed to death for god sake and the g*d damn shotgun never helped me. I had to go retrieve it. Me a human being attacked by a man with a knife not a gun. That knife can't hurt people unless a unstable person uses it to do so, same with a gun. If still don't understand the concept of people killing people with whatever they want that's fine. At least I know if I ever have to commit suicide I can climb up to your ego and jump down to your IQ.

What Guys Said 11

• Because it's not gun density that's dangerous, but the social attitude towards guns.

If everyone's acting like trigger happy idios then you will have A TON of accidents and murders, but if people are carefull about it and know the risks as well as having proper trainig, then you will reduce that.
    Also the prevalence of criminal activity, and how criminals treat guns is a factor.

• yes, the Second Amendment is as important as any other Constitutional guarantee.

• It's not only to protect you from criminals but also from the government and other nations that want to take over.

wafflesatnoon.com/.../hitler.jpg

• The right to keep and arm bears?

i01.i.aliimg.com/.../...font-The-Right-To-Keep.jpg

• there's always one lmao

• All I say is that I'm glad my country doesn't mimic America's relationship with guns and most especially not it's laws related to guns.

• If your talking about England goodluck

• Dublin gangsters have no trouble getting guns. Sure how many armouries of military grade weapons have been found in Ireland and how many are left?

• I'm sure there are quite a few. I still think adding more guns won't help.

When our police force was started immediately after we got out independence from England and we had a civil war (long story), they were unarmed even though there were guns all over the country.

• Yes for the homes only. I dont think anyone should carry any kind of gun on the streets though they should all be banned

• I dont know about that. I thank god I had the ruger revolver my husband bought me in my handbag ehen two guys tried to mug me. Seeing a gun was enough for them to run, usless police still haven't caught them.

• I understand because of what had happened to you but there are to many nuts out there and they get mad and don't have the chance to settle down and think about things and cool off instead of having a fist fight or just walking away they just shoot you. I hear cases left and right on the news people are shooting people just for a gold chain if you don't give it up and so much more

• Agreed, I beleive in being able to walk down the street without some crazy person shooting into the crowd with an automatic weopon, in order to protect gun manufacturers bottom line.

• im a believer hahaa :P

• I do. If the lovely government lets me defend myself, I wouldn't need that many policemen around. But noooo, it's a crime in Turkey to shoot the thief in your house at the middle of the night. You should let him do his deed, then apply to law enforcement AS a victim to be lawfully right.

• In Australia we have gun control... We have had barely any shootings in the past decade, most of the shootings are because of ISIS. I doubt this would work in America though, because of the population and how strong the black market is.

• Keep it in your fucking home and leave it there. Don't need to be carrying around a loaded weapon, unless you know damn well you live in an area where not carrying a weapon is suicide.

• Yessss! Now if California will ease up with the gun control laws...

What Girls Said 2

• My Cousin Believes this Wholeheartedly That... We should be locked and loaded and Ready to protect our Homes, Possessions and most of Al... Loved ones.
    Things are Predicted to get real bad in this country. JadeHelm15 has started, the economy and its Almighty dollar is nearly a Dead President.
    However, One in the end, with civil unrest tha twill go with this, One would have to take to the streets and Serve and Protect against the Government who has been planning with the Elites to Bring America to its knees.
    Annie, get your gun, bad times are coming.
    Good luck. xx

• We all know something. It pays to be "prepared" for anything. Hope for the best while expecting the worst

• You are SO right, sweetie, thank you for saying such a Highly Intelligent thing. Food, water and supplies.. I read and RE read for days and weeks and months even that October IS Black Month the 7th in fact for Bad things and the New World currency is coming after the 25th... thank you again, and please, do prepare. xx

• Well I'm from Texas, that should say something.

• It says everything lol