What would you do if someone spoke about this?

What would you do if someone started to speak about or 'preach' their religion to you?

Not specifying a particular religion.
And I don't mean like. trying to force you into it or preaching it down your throat or anything.

I mean if it just came up in conversation and they began to tell you about it.

please answer for:

If it was a stranger

a loose friend

a close friend

best friend

family member

Most Helpful Girl

• stranger - would say not interested, I still believe in my religion and no plan to change it
    loose friend? acquaintance? I have experienced before preaching in someone's house I'm in so it'd be rude not to listen. got interested for a few talks but NOT the whole bible. just asked who is their god and main belief and that's it.

close friend, best friend - they know i have my own belief and they should respect it. however we can talk about some differences just for talking and sharing interests. but it's very rare to be talked about.
    family member - we have the same religion. i now someone who has this case, and they just let the person be. They don't really talk about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd possibly know more about his scriptures than he does and I'd nail him down that way.

What Girls Said 7

• I have Endured All of These People, and being I am a Christan myself, maybe wishy washy, Not born again altogether, I always do the same thing when face to face With:
    Stranger
    loose friend
    close friend
    best friend
    family member

I smile at them and say basically to them All: "God is my family and my Father, I love Him and have been brought up with Him since the age of 6, and I know that his Only begotten son, Jesus, died on the cross for Our sins."
    Amen. xx

• Stranger - probably walk away, or tell them I'm an atheist and let them leave me.
    What's a loose friend?
    Close friend - they would take my joking about it to get them to knock it off
    Best friend - I have no religious "best friends" they all are agnostic or atheists too
    Family member - I am from an atheist family, so not happening

• I'll just listen to them. Weather I agree with them or not. If it the conversation runs on to long I'll make an excuse to eventually leave or if they try to eventually shove their belief down my throat I'll do the same.

But I'm not going to rudely knock it cause it's only going to start an argument which wastes even more time.

• I believe in God and i enjoy discussing other people' s religion with them. So i would have lots of questions for them as i am genuinely interested in learning about God. I would quite enjoy listening to their reasoning for their faith.

I admire people who live their life for God and abide by Gods standards.

• i might stare at the person and listen.. then leave

• Depends I might listen in the beginning and towards the middle some out our stop listening period

• Doesn't matter who it is but I'll just tell them to tell me more and smile..

What Guys Said 7

• argue. Its what I do best. In all likely hood I would know more about the subject then them any way.(I was a strange and precocious child)

• Everyone who darkens my door gets the same treatment...
    Leave your religion and your shoes at the door on your way in... or please leave!

• I would listen with an open mind. Chances are, we may be talking about the same Father. But who knows, until they speak to me, right?

• For ALL of them, I would cut them off and tell them I am not interested. I have done this many times before.

I have lost a close friend over this, because I told her I have NO interest in hearing about her religion, and she basically told me that if I don't listen, then we can't be friends.

So, I said goodbye.

• Just not interested... I've had enough religeon shoved down my throat for several lifetimes, and I just don't have the patience anymore...

• For all of them: "Thank you but I'm not interested."

• For each one I would kind of go okay then...(pause) and then change the subject.