What do you think about communism?

What do you think about communism? I noticed Americans hate communism so much they go and do shit like this:

What do you think about communism?

Meanwhile I'm sitting in McDonalds and posting pics of my food to Instagram.

Most Helpful Guy

• hahaa McDonalds foodie XD what did you get anyways? breakfast? sausage & egg mcmuffin? SO GOOD!

anyways man how does pirating music even relate to communism. im not going in depth here, im just talking about straight up how the fuck does that make sense initially lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. I'm from the US and I love the idea of communism, absolutely love it. However I've never seen it well executed and I think it's not as plausible in modern society. I'm definitely socialist though.

Also fun fact star fleet from Star Trek was a communist society

• So in other words, you know that it never worked, meanwhile Capitalism brought our society to the moon, and yet you still want it to happen?

The definition of insanity is trying the same thibg over and over and expecting a different result.

• give me an example of a place where communism has worked well, better then the American system.

• @GeekGirl1
      I would like you to go back to my last comment and please pretty please read the first part of the comment.

What Guys Said 19

• Thats a joke it has nothing to do with how they really feel. I personally am not a fan because it has failed in every implimintation and by its nature is impossible. To be a communistic country all people must be equal, but if you have a government then that will immediatley give them more power then the people since they determine what is made and how it is distributed. I don't think it couldn't work on a small scale like a group of ten or so but large scale I don't think its feesabil. Its good in theory but I don't think it works in practice. It ignores a lot of human motivators and such and if the hardest working are supporting the ones working the least well it isn't much of an incentive to work hard. Your only as strong as your weakest member in a system like communisim. To be fair I hate most systems each one flawed in one way or another, but like Winston Churchill said, "Democracy is the worst form of government that has ever been created, except for all the other ones tha came before." They all suck its just a matter of which poison is the most exceptable and slowest killing.

• Communism always works, IN THEORY. Not everybody should be paid the same for 1 thing. A man goes to school, gets good grades and goes to college. Then he takes medical school and becomes a doctor. Then one day he sees a man shoveling horse shit and making the same amount of money as him. See the problem?

• Shoveling horse shit 😂😂😂

I think while the doctor should be paid way more, the horse-shit-shoveling man's wage should allow him to live and everyone should get the chance to go to college to get jobs they want.

• Ah yes. But if everyone had the chance to go to college, most would stop working to get there, and just say fuck it to regular school. I'm sorry if I appear a wise ass I've just thought about this before, and no matter what you do it always ends up bad. At least Capitalism encourages people to strive for a better tommorrow in my opinion.

• This is BS but I honestly think that piratin MP3 is not an issue.

When people here the word 'communism' they automatically think it's bad with no second thought about what it actually does and to what extent.

Pirating MP3 has a little bit of communism traits involved but I see this as something you don't really have to be concerned about because these artists are actually filthy rich, and still expect those who are so much poorer than them to give them money just to embrace the music that the artist put out FOR THE PURPOSE of people listening to it.

There has to be at least a little bit of balancing in the gap between rich and poor.

• It's an idea, an ideal but it didn't work out.

stalinsmoustache.files.wordpress.com/.../...03.jpg

• Karl Marx invented the ideology that went on to murder over 100 million people worldwide and yet people complain and ban the Confederate Army flag and symbols like the swastika. All communists symbols should be banned, all communist statues should be pulled down.
    Communisms is by far the world champion of oppression, hate, brutality and murder, yet nobody demands that we ban the symbols of this murderous ideology that destroyed the lives of countless millions and still oppresses people today.

• But if we do not allow people to know about it, and that people supported it and why, we take away knowledge, and a portion of free will. That's the first step to Communism itself

• Thats the problem nowadays. People don't know and many of them support it without having the slightest idea.
      And whenever you talk about it you get the usual ''Noooo I don't want to listen to the truth you fascist, bigot, racist, nazi!'' reply.

• America has a great irrational anger against communism in general especially during the cold war.. Communism is flawed but there are ideas in there that is quite good but it has some fatal flaws and as we all know it didn't work out as the fall of the USSR..

• Not a fan of it at all, what's funny though is that advertising is a lot like communism in many ways.

• What's good about it?

• Communism is often confuced with socialism and exept that there are different kinds of communism.

The idea that everyone is equal isn;t that bad but it's not realistic I think

• It's the inverse of trickle down wealth, it's trickle up poverty. Neither are very satisfactory.

• I honestly don't know. I do know that you're "supposed" to have a negative knee-jerk response to it, but I never just believe what I'm told because that's stupid, and I've never really looked up about it, so I am just left clueless.

• I think communism isn't all that bad. It's all thanks to Asia for tainting the name of communism, and this works in favour of capitalism

• It's never worked anywhere, same as Capitalism. And the Americans hate it so much they call it Socialism.

• life isn't equal. the people who invented and propagate it are children...

• It's obviously bad. Every attempt to make it work involves forcing people to do things they don't want to do and not letting them opt out by leaving. It's not even a good theory because it assumes things that simply aren't true. It's just a fantasy.

• I think the USSR, North Korea, etc are plenty of evidence against communism.

• Yeah cause that's what we want to see on Insta, the food you're eating... -_-

• disgusting red plague that killed millions. red fascism worse even than black fascism... .

• I hate communism because it's pure evil , Hitler was right to have books by Marx burned. Communsim just keeps everyone equally poor (apart from the ruling class) , look at what Communism has done to East Germany ( it's still much much poorer than the West ) Eastern European countries are poor because of Communism, North Korea, a terror regime, exists because of it, people there are slaves without rights, Communism is hated because it bans religion, it is against personal liberty - it's like the worst and most evil thing ever.

• "Hitler was right..."

Anyways, I can't attest to whether communism works or not because it has never been truly practiced in it's theoretical form. However, why did all those societies ban religion? To create a cult of personality for their leaders, look at any "communist" country in history, it is a religion in itself to worship the leader. I don't believe that was a central tenet of communism.

• Communism is pure evil and National Socialism (Nazi) wasn't?

• Socialism , any kind of it, is pure evil too

What Girls Said 3

• Great idea in theory, terrible idea in practice. It never works out.

• Yes, you're right. Technically sensible but in real life it is not applicable.

• We tried so hard to create a society that was equal, where there'd be nothing to envy your neighbour. But there's always something to envy. A smile, a friendship, something you don't have and want to appropriate. In this world, even a Soviet one, there will always be rich and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love.

• Communism on itself is not bad, even the bible promotes communism. But to make communism work (and the same applies to socialism), you need a lot money, otherwise you cannot support everyone. So good communism will only be possible in a good running capitalist environment. And its not easy to combine the best of those two.

• Communism and socialism killed a hundred million people last century. Need I say anything more?

Well, I will. Communismjust makes everyone equally miserable.

• Naa, that's like saying Christianity killed millions of people. People kill people over power. Ideology or religion are just ways of covering a power grab. Communism sucks because it contradicts a primary human instinct, the desire to better yourself. Communists think the desire for betterment can be directed into spiritual or idealistic channels, but that only works for a tiny minority of people. Most want material betterment.

• Communism has never worked, and until everyone is perfect, never will. And thus those people who kill millions get into power. That's my point.