What do you think about America and gun laws?

I personally think it's been out of control, especially with police but that's another story, for quite some time. I don't, however, believe in gun control laws to keep criminals from getting them. They already ahead of y'all in laws, just makes it harder for sane people to own a weapon. I do not own a weapon, also, because I feel safe in my home where I currently live. I don't understand why people in white suburbia would want one either, cause we all know it's safe as hell over there. I could easily understand why someone in a ghetto dangerous city would own a few, an carry one, for safety reasons, which make sense as I've been robbed at knife-point an if I had a gun I'd have pulled it out, but again that's another story. But otherwise, I truly think gun rights an shit are out of control, fuck the 2nd amendment.

But what about you? What do you think? Are they okay or out of control?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's absolutely stupid. Guns are not rights, it's a privilege. You're not in a freaking war or your nation is in a massive crisis on the verge of civil war...

About this issue of 'bad guys' already owning them, yes that's true but that's due to your society letting this gun culture thrive in the first place... If you have not promoted gun culture as a 'tool of freedom' then the whole society wouldn't be so in love with guns... Criminals owning guns would have been far less and would used a less lethal weapon like knife which is easier to deal with it for the police..

Speaking of that, this gun usage among cops is because of the American gun culture.. US police have become accustomed of using lethal force because their mentality is always about the high probability of the criminal using guns, which is true because there are cases where cops gets shot by armed citizens... So they have this thinking of shoot first, ''either me of him''.. Which we all know results in UNARMED being shot.

You have put yourselves in a paradox where you have allowed the criminals to get guns easy and so does the citizens. Guns to fight guns, which resulted in highest gun homicide in the developed world.

But I understand why the founding fathers of USA promoted guns as a 'tool of freedom', it is essentially about politics and the fear of foreign invasion. It is designed to have always ready 'militia' to counter threat to the freedom of USA but due to times changing and this policy being stuck in the history being applied to modern day, civil gun violence occurs.. The good thing is, in case USA do get invaded, you have a militia.

• Actually makes tons of sense. If they hadn't promoted them in the first place, we probably wouldn't be in this mess.

• Someone sounds racist and butthurt, message me instead of commenting if you have an issue.

• Hey thanks for the MHO! :)

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly I'm not that worried about criminals getting guns because they will find any way to get a weapon. Plus it's best to avoid places on where they would be.

I'm more scared of everyday people having them. Reason is because of them using it and an accident happens. Like they forget to put the safety on, to a crappy job of hiding the gun in their house, etc.

• I think they're kinda poor - it should be way harder to get a gun really.

• I think some system should be created to give the sane people guns and keep guns out of the loony people's hands.

• The illegal immigrant who shot the girl in San Francisco stole the gun from a federal agent. So, I don't think stricter gun laws would make a difference.

What Guys Said 10

• Guns are fun to shoot, and they can be used to hunt for food and protect yourself from anything.

Did you know that any foreign invasion of the United States is doomed to fail because not only do we have a few million servicemen but we have 80,000,000 gun owners that can fight.

• I haven't studied up any of the statistics or done any research on this topic for recent events buuuuttt ehh people who live in white suburbia want one simply because its their right ANND while it may be less likely they would get robbed it is still a possibility and a $400 purchase can easily ease their mind for a lifetime.

• Criminals have guns. By adding gun laws you just make it harder for normal people to get one and defend themselves. Fuck gun laws, its stupid as hell and gets on my nerves.

• The most violent places in America (and the world) have the strictest gun control. It doesn't work in most cases, in fact it may have a worse affect (not to mention being possibly unconstitutional).

• i think: if you allow guns than don´t wine and moan if a shooting or an accident happens now and then.

• it's pretty stupid. fuck what the Founding Fathers said.

• Guns stop crime. Over the last ten year between 500k and 700k crimes have been committed per year by someone with a gun. In only 10% of these cases was the gun actually used. In the same time frame, legal gun owners have stopped 1.2 to 1.4 million crimes per year. Gun laws only make it harder for law abiding citizen to get guns, not criminals. Here are some gun grabbers claims that have been proven wrong by fact checkers and major newspapers and think tanks. Enjoy
    dailycaller.com/.../

• I don't support restrictions on guns. An armed population makes its government respect its population.

• I find it strange that so many gun folks don't want anything interfering with getting a gun... including more extensive background checks.. and protest in the streets about their 2nd Amendment rights. Yet, some of the same people don't seem to be that enthused about defending the 15th Amendment. They don't want state issued IDs or background checks for guns, but have no problem making people get state issued IDs to vote and limiting their opportunities to vote.

• Mine came in handy when I had to shoot a rabid skunk.