Sometimes I feel like I'm not fluent in English. What's the problem?

English is my primary language but I still have this problem. It makes it like I don't know how to put things, how to say things and I tell myself I don't get it because it's my primary language and I don't know how to put everything. I find myself trying to think, guess and not know how to put it. What the heck

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes when I spend a lot of time working in my second language, my English gets worse for awhile.

• Like spending a lot of time with spanish?

• Actually I chose Chinese as my second language, but I suppose it could be likened with working with Spanish.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• what do you mean by feel like?

• It's like I'm not fluent

• Yeah, it's still not too bad *knock on wood* but it does really affect me at times if that's how you say it. Syntactic? I'm not fluent 😂 I speak Spanish these days too and I even read it and understand it and write it too. And there are people who I only communicate in Spanish with

• i can't know for sure it is a biological effect or any other factors. it would help if you write as much as you can by using the finicky phraseology and new words, at lease against its deteriorating rate i don't even know it's in deterioration or not, or you could post many things on here this site, or write to you friends , or IM me if you want.

• Is this happening around your crush? If yes then its normal

• Lol I do that too! Sometimes my mind wanders away and I takes ages to get out a sentence.

• Can't find the right words to complete the sentence or having problems with reading

• Yeah it's the same with me, sometimes I have to re-read sentences or if I'm trying to read fast I'll throw in random words.

• I don't know what it is with that. I try to read it and understand it over and over and I can't get it, process it, know what it is,

• You'll improve tremendously if you read more. Trust me, I do law.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's cute that you said you don't know how to put it three times in two sentences. :D

• I can't even talk, write or read 😂😕😑😛

• I have the same problem. I think anxiety is a great contributor to this. I also can't remember things to save my life. Im taking omega 3s (fish oil) and trying to eat more fish as well as fish stock as these help with mood, memory and overall well being. I would get a full body panel to see if there are other deficiencies as well. After those are addressed, I would venture into reading a lot. That way you build up your vocabulary and remember it.