Is it wrong that I'm starting to hate my own country (United States) for all of the BS gender double standards that I've suffered as a male?

I'm starting to hate my country and here are my reasons why (not in particular order):

1) Male r@pe and child abuse victims of female perpetrators are treated like laughing stocks that should suck it up and be treated like a weak beta male for the rest of his life by the US law enforcement, justice system and society until he kills himself.
2) Women receive less prison sentence than men for the same exact crimes being committed.
3) Everyone would be all greatly concerned about a teen girl being a "victim" of statutory r@pe of a male teacher while if you flip the genders, they'll congratulate the teen boy for "getting some pussy" and will not only treat him horrible if he doesn't consent to s3x with an older adult female teacher, the justice system will even charge the minor boy child support for his adult female perpetrator (which is some utter horseshit).
4) The US has became so politically correct in favor of the female gender that we have to sugarcoat about women being "equal" or possibly "better" than men in physical capabilities such as sports competition, military, etc. and if the males disagree with this, then they'll be labeled as "misogynistic pigs who only think of women as strictly s3x toys and pretty faces".
5) Women in the US are treated as if they can do no wrong.
6) There are a shit ton of affirmative action programs in favor of women for both college and the workforce in the US.

As a male in America, I've been a victim of sexual harassment during my high school years when a group of boys and girls ganged up on me and pulled my pants and boxers down in front of the whole school campus and my school did nothing about it. I'm no misogynist but I do hate the double standards just because of a few other assholes'(of my gender) action. Anyways, these are all my reasons behind my feelings toward my own country. My once a beautiful country, the United States of America, is slowly becoming Feminazi Ame

• Yes
  • No
Feminazi *America*

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) This happens in more patriarchal societies too.

2) Do black women receive less prison sentence than white men for the same exact crimes being committed?

3) Your justice system will even force the minor girl child to carry about the baby of her adult male perpetrator (which is some utter horseshit).

4) The US is just very PC on the surface. You will be labeled too for thinking disabled people are not equal in terms of physical capabilities.

5) They get labeled sluts for wearing too much make up, for wearing too little, for having sex out of wedlock.

6) There are also people who are against affirmative action programs in favor of non-whites.

Most Helpful Guy

• well there are certain problems for men in the U. S., some of which you've mentioned. There are many reasons why one may not be fond of the U. S., but where else would you be if not the U. S? Keep things in perspective. The U. S. is one of the most conservative countries in the western world. Don't let the fact that Obama has been president for two terms fool you into thinking that the U. S. is a liberal headquarters, or a socialist safehaven. Americans live in a bubble when it comes to politics, as most of them really don't know what liberalism actually is. For instance, our Conservative party here in Canada is more like your democrats... so you can imagine how liberal our actual liberal and socialist parties are. Most of western Europe too is very liberal and holds onto these double standards you speak of. If you think the U. S. is bad, try Sweden out for a month. You'd slit your own wrists. All i'm saying is count your blessings. There are few better places to be for a man than the U. S., despite its issues (unless you want to go live in the middle east, or some sketchy/dodgy/backward country in eastern europe)

• I'm all for gender equality if it's a true equality and as long as it doesn't negatively affect my life in any way as a male or as long as the media doesn't try to shove the "women can beat up men" down my throat.

• as a man, you can more or less live your life pretty insulated from all this stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about what feminists are doing. Just work to get rich... then you'll be pretty well insulated from whatever comes your way

What Girls Said 6

• I also hate the US, but for different reasons.

• Couldn't have said it better. This is why I am an equalist and not a feminist

• Well, feminists have actually always been "equalists" as you call it. If you read about feminism and its history, you will see that feminists have always fought for equal rights. That was their highest goal. This already started in the middle of the 19th century when activists such as Anna Wheeler or authors/artists such as Mary Shelley suggested women's right to vote.
      This idea that feminists are somehow evil people with a hidden agenda to discriminate all men and establish some kind of matriarchy is completely laughable and complete rubbish. It's a legend that has been created by frustrated men such as the asker of this question.
      You can ask any decently educated feminist who writes articles in journals or newspapers or has somehow an influence on society and they will all tell you that they are for equal rights, not for "more rights". This whole thing bothers me especially because it's a direct historical copy of racial issues in the 1960s. Back then, when the black community was

• @jacquesvol: Oh yes, I totally agree with you. I must have misread something...

• 25d

replying to OP because I can't leave a new comment.

men get affirmative action for college, not women www.cbsnews.com/.../

• Time to move out.

• What are you going to do to save your once great nation from this wicked curse?

• I agree that everything you mentioned is wrong and not fair but women have it hard as well. That's why we need gender equality.

• I clicked yes sorry, I meant no. I hate the U. S. already, this is just another reason why.

What Guys Said 9

• There are two things that I can say to this:
    First of all, this is not something that is specifically and only happening in America. I would claim that these and similar gender stereotypes can be observed in most countries of the western hemisphere.
    Secondly, while the things you mentioned are correct, I can't take guys like you serious although I am a guy myself. I really hate this whole victim-attitude. So many guys these days literally wallow in self-pitty. Particularly on this site. There's so much complaining and whining about how poor, poor creatures we men are and how mean, unforgiving, coldhearted monsters women are apparently. I really can't hear it anymore. Life isn't fair, oh well. I was born almost blind. That's not fair. But I've learned to live with it. A very good friend from Norway I had used to say "Cry yourself a river, build a bridge and get over it". If you ever get through to looking at this whole issue more objectively, you will notice that it can suck just as much to be a girl as it can suck to be a guy. One doesn't need to be feminist to see that. I find it ridiculous that some guys decide to hate all women just because they've struggled in their lives to date girls or they've made some other, bad experiences with women. I mean... that's like getting robbed by a Chinese guy and then claiming that all Chinese people must be idiots and poor white people are soooo discriminated.

• I have the same sentiments. This is why I can't agree with feminism and might actually be more of an equalist. I don't see men at some "edge" or "advantage" over women or something. Heck, when I was applying for scholarships at school (because I can't afford it and I'm already working two part time jobs and working my butt off to pay my own way through college and don't have some "advantage" like everything is handed to me or something) and there was not a single one that I qualified for. EVERY scholarship was either for minorities or women. That, to me, is not right. I know plenty of women that are just having the educations handed to them (again, I'm not making generalizations or something, I'm talking from experience of the MANY women I've seen like this) and feminists still believe men are at some unfair advantage. There are a lot of things that guys are at a disadvantage in. I'd also agree that there are things that women are at a disadvantage in. I want to see equality in BOTH genders. If you're an individual wanting to go to college and need financial aid, your race or gender should have nothing to do with it. It should be just the fact that you're a human being that desires to go to college that you get to apply for the scholarship and receive it. Likewise, if you're applying for a job, then your pay should have nothing to do with your gender. You should ALWAYS make the set amount for that job regardless of gender. There are biases and double standards for both genders. Feminism is only interested in helping women. I want to help everyone. That's why I can't agree with feminism and, quite frankly, why I hate it. It's just a slap in the face to men and doesn't respect them.

• Some of the things you said are definitely bad and wrong, but why do you have to antagonize women because of it? How about you let your concerns stand alone and not demonize an entire country/gender for it? If you thought about it for a minute, what you describe as bad for men originates from the same problems of gender identity that a lot of women face.

• I don't have any ill-feelings toward women, just the feminazis and the so-called men who sold themselves out.

• No, from what you're saying you have very clear ill-feelings towards women. You're basically saying advancements for women are bad because men still have problems and they're taking the focus away from that, which is so stupid and wrong. Both can get better in parallel, and if you knew anything about feminism apart from whatever angry bullshit that you were fed with, you'd know that it works for men as well.

• (Thank you)

• Women suffer even more.

• I agree with you on everything.

• Hating the USA is never wrong, no matter the reason.

But you know, the USA is not the only country suffering from all those double standard crap, we can either live with it or do something.

• It goes both ways lol

• No you're not wrong. You have the right to hate who, what you want - this is a free country. The real question is can you deal with the consequences of that hate and what it can do to YOU! Hate spoils only the container that holds it. Learn to accept things you can't change. You don't have to like it. Liking and accepting are two different things. People that hate are tired and miserable and miss out on many of the simply pleasures of life. There are many things going on in this country that don't like either. But in accept them and go an sbout my business of live and let live and trying to accomplish the goals I've set for myself. No way I'll accomplish much whining and hating and wondering/worrying about things I can't changed. It may take me awhile sometimes lol. I have to go through my rants and emotional outbursts too. But in the end... acceptance. Still may not like what/whoever it is, but my agenda is more important than any of the political or bs going on here. Don't let hate or the insbility to accept and let go ruin you and your attitude snd disposition. Don't let it destroy the true happy person you are ot can be. Live. Let live. Accept. Move on.

• Clicked Yes when I meant to click No. Sorry :(