Is this a good drawing? Why or why not?

Is this a good drawing? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not quite, though I don't want to hurt the feelings of a beginner, but rather encourage. If you seriously consider painting or cartoons etc., you should constantly look for how to improve each time you do. (I'm an artist, and paint like a professional, so, don't feel bad if I sound a bit critical). Drawbacks I see with this: 1) Carelessly done on piece of rough ruled paper. Use some acid-free non-yellowing sketching paper or at least some printer paper if it's meant to be a drawing, or, watercolor paper/ canvas etc. if you want it as a painting (with colors). If it's a drawing, the final lines are better dark (may be, you can use darker pencil/ charcoal/ indian ink etc.), but for a painting, lines better to be light. 2) Face is out of symmetry & proportions (to avoid this, you should be first making an overall large shape with a faint pencil, just concentrating on the proportions, and then add the minor details (building it up) with darker lines. Out of proportions is fine for a cartoon though. But it still looks like an unintentional mistake to have one part of the face skinny and other part chubby) 3) Probably copied from some drawings (though I'm not sure) -- copying is not actually wrong (artist copy human figures from live models, or still life or nature etc.) but, it's usually done as a part of larger artwork and not just meant to replicate exactly as it is (otherwise, why can't they just have a photograph?) Artists usually add some personal touches which makes it an "art" (otherwise its a "craft"). 5) However, I still like the "cuteness" and smile in the face in the drawing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it a lot! It's really cute.

What Guys Said 11

• It looks pretty good! I have a few suggestions though. I would firstly make the neck a little thinner (it is a bit wide now). Secondly, I would fix the left cheek. Even if you were trying to show something was in her mouth, it js a bit wide. The lips also look slightly odd. I think it may be the shape of them. Maybe add some shading on it to show the depth?

You did a really nice job on the eyes, ear, and hair though! Especially the eyes.

• Not to bad

• Is she supposed to be eating a jawbreaker?

• It looks like she's on drugs 😂
    Still tho it's pretty good.

• Keep up the good work and you'll become the next Picasso.

• If it makes you happy to draw then it is good. You can only get better.

• Hair and chest, alright. Face and eyes a big over-exaggerated. Tone that down and you're golden

• I really really like you're duvet cover :)

• whats it suppose to be?

• I think it's good but there's room for improvement! I would say if you were looking to improve then to practice daily.

• She's got some fat cheeks

What Girls Said 3

• It isn't bad. It's a good start for a beginner, but you still need to keep working on your drawing skills more. The cheeks need some adjustments though , as they aren't symmetrical and the neck is too wide as well.

• Yes, I mean it's better than my drawings. No one can even tell what I drew half the time... 😑

• It's ok if you're a beginner. A few things need adjusting like the left cheek, it's too round making it look swollen. The neck is too wide and the eyes, they're not the equal size and also the pupil. And her lips look weird. But still, good job :)