Girls, I was casually using really bad language, so my GF's mom slapped me. My girlfriend said I deserved it. Is my girlfriend wrong?

Girls, I was casually using really bad language, so my GF's mom slapped me. My girlfriend said i deserved it. Is my girlfriend wrong?

• Yes she is wrong
    48% (22)
  • No she is right
    52% (24)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Its disrespectful of you to cuss in front of your girlfriends mother without asking your girlfriend if it made her mother uncomfortable or angry. However, slapping you is extremely uncalled for and your girlfriend should have stood up for you instead of acting like some mama's girl wuss. Parents aren't always 100% right, especially putting her hands on you. I think if you love your girl you should let it go and forgive her mother for now and watch your language but don't let her get in the habit of slapping you. Let her know that shit won't slide again.

What Girls Said 21

• I picked the wrong answer. But she wasn't right, she could have just said not to talk like that. There was no need for her to slap you.

• Her house. Her rules. If you date long enough you become an extension of your SO to the parent. So if she'd slap her kid for that behavior... She's going to slap you too. Check yourself next time.

• Her house her rules does not make it right for her to be an unstable bitch

• You can't just slap someone because they did something you didn't like.

• You can in your own house. He married into that family. Should have thought of how they handle their feelings before doing that.

• Ya both wrong. You should really start to watch what you say infront of other people. Saying cunt is seriously inappropriate. It makes you sound like a vagina rapist/basher.

She is in the wrong to lose her temper but seems like old people know no better about manners too.

• Let me guess, you used the word cunt and she misheard you?

• If swearing is very offensive to them, and you broke house rules, then she is not wrong. I personally do not advocate violence but I respect other people's decisions.

• If it is house rules in my house not to swear, and my dad slapped my girlfriend, is he wrong?

• In that I don't agree with violence, yes. According to house rules, no.

• Her mom shouldn't have slapped you. It wasn't her place to do so. She should have acted as an adult and told you that your use of language around her is unacceptable.

• whatever it was.. he mom had no right to slap you

• maybe you cursed and she didn't liked it

• If you were my boyfriend I would have slapped you myself. Who curses in front of the parents of a girl they claim to love?

• Who cares if they are her parents? The fact that they fucked each other and conceived my girlfriend does not mean i should treat them any differently from the way i treat anyone else

• The fact that your girlfriend's parents were the ones who fucked and as a result of this conceived her does not mean you should treat them with more respect than you would treat anyone else

• You often have to gauge your audience with this like this, have you known her mother long? However, no matter how long you've known her, what you said or how easily offended she is, she had absolutely no right to slap you

• Were you just throwing cuss words around as descriptors, or were you making, say, racist jokes despite having been asked repeatedly to stop?

• I remember a story like this.

• Anyways, I don't think it's right that you were using bad language in front of her parents, but I don't think it's normal for her parents to slap you. o__o

• hmm. Either way, she had no right to hit you.

• Why were you using bad language in front of your girlfriend's mom anyways? That's realy disrespectful. I know I'd be mad at my boyfriend. You probably deserved it, and she probably deserved an apology.

• The fact that i used bad language does not justify her mom being a stupid bitch

• The fact that you just called her a stupid bitch leads me to believe that you definitely deserved it.

• You shouldn't talk like that in front of her mom.

• I think her mom was "wrong" for slapping you.

• All I can say is what the FUCK, some people are so up tight.

• I dont think its appropriate especially around your girlfriends mum

• The fact that your girlfriend's parents were the ones who f***ed and as a result of this conceived her does not mean you should treat them with more respect than you would treat anyone else

• Okay first and for most you are over 18 and can use your mouth anyway u want she was wrong if it offended her she could ask you to please watch your langue around her instead of treating you like a teenage child that is acting out.

• In some households that would earn you more than a slap.

• Its defiantly not appropriate but her mom slapping you is extreme, if she doesn't like to hear that kind of language she could of easily said for you to not speak like that around her but slapping you? Really? That's over the top in my opinion..