An extreme wave of emotion just hit and I have no idea what fucking caused it?

So a bit of background info so people cn help me out. I'm a 20, soon to be 21 (on the 29th of this month) senior college student. I have a shitty paying job (lucky if I get 200 every two weeks I work in catering) and no car. Been staying with a relative since for college break and moving out next week back to the dorms (I'm gotten a job as a RA to help my college expenses).

Now the problem I just finish watching the movie Tiny Furniture by Lena Dunham, and a wave of depression just just hit me and I feel like crying. Now i've been noticing the past few weeks I start to sink into a slump for no reason, I don't want to leave the guest room and do my summer class work. I'm usally a happy cheerful person but for some reason I feel more and more like shit everyday.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your not happy with where you work or your very lonely could be causing it
    maybe your courses is getting to you. I know how you feel cause certain stuff
    on TV can bring on bouts of depression for me too ,,

Most Helpful Girl

• That happens to me sometimes. Sometimes you can't find the link to where the emotion came from. Sometimes its repressed feelings or thoughts trying to release themselves. Other times it could be an environmental or cognitive trigger that was unconsciously released. Sometimes it could be a very small thought accompanied by strong emotions. And the depression and shit feeling you feel afterward have a lot to do with your thinking process after wards. I suggest you talk to a doctor. They can prescribe you anti-depressents which can balance out the chemicals in your brain that sometimes give you an upsurge of emotions from no where.

What Guys Said 2

• "I'm usally a happy cheerful person"

Here we have part of the issue right away. A key reason of why it hit you so badly is that you tried to cover up the feelings before by being cheerful and happy at all times and in a way ignoring and running away from certain issues.
    And now it just broke out. Hitting you with full force.

• Ssshhhhhh... here's a hug* :)

What Girls Said 1

• I think your expectations are partially responsible for your unhappiness. Remember that while you are struggling with not having a car, people in other countries are struggling with being homeless, being hungry, not having health care and not having clean water to drink. I live on $1000 a month and I am happy because I know most people in this world are worse off than me.