Why are people so sensitive about homosexuality?

When someone says something about it they go bezzerk.. The lose their minds. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm bisexual and when i tell people they freak out i look at them and say we are still people and not from another planet so grow up. But i don't know why people freak out about someone liking the same sex

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Any topic that involves personal beliefs/views can strike passion in many people.
    Ones views is something they feel strongly about.

• They are programmed to believe that sexual choice is a human right and it is not. Sex is a reproductive utensil that was invented for the benefit of the community - it is not some free for all party where you do whatever the hell you want. Sex is about creating children and raising them in loving homes.

• Because they are homophobic? - Which is theoretically nonsense by the way because you can only be scared ( = phobic) of something you actually expect a danger or harm from and homosexuals don't really have that intention at all I believe lol
    I have no idea..

• no idea.. this is not something to lose your mind over..

• Because some people just can't accept that that's their preference
    But in this generation it should be considered normal

• I guess they are not really OK with the concept of men wid men and women wid women
    Somewhere people believe man is for a woman
    That's how nature created us.
    And this is against the concept of growth of mankind

• We're still living in a time where people are old fashioned, or just don't agree with homosexuality. It also doesn't help that it's constantly being forced upon the people to accept it, or that some straight people get badgered for having pride in their sexuality.

What Guys Said 6

• I have never seen anyone go berserk or lose their mind simply because someone mentions homosexuality. These are the kinds of lies that liberals employ to try to impose their brand of political correctness on others. Liberals, if you are so tolerant. . . why can't you handle listening to an opposing viewpoint without attacking the character of the opponent?

• I've seen very few people who do that on here, if anything becomes berserk it's usually from someone commenting on their opinion and they don't like the response or their view, in other words people antagonizing other people.

I mean I don't like or agree with homosexuality but I'm not going to make a big deal about it, if someone disagrees with my view on it then they disagree, no big deal. But it seems silly to make an actual post starting out were you're all enraged about it -shrugs-

So I will agree with you on that, you can agree or disagree with it but you should always go about it respectfully regardless. Then if someone gives you a hard time about, go nuts if you want to, at least then you have an actual reason.

• would u love to be treated like shit coz u have different preferences than da norm? don't think so

• I don't know. Some people are just wound so tightly. It's like, if someone tells me somebody else is a homosexual, I tend to not really care. "So what? They're a homosexual. How does that even relate to the conversation?" There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and it has never/nor will ever offend or bother me.

• Because that is not normal, it is a desire, not love !

• It's usually just religious nuts.