Girls, did you ever pole dance?

• Yes
    22% (12)
  • No but I want to
    43% (23)
  • No and I never will
    35% (19)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, i go once a week to a studio to learn and it is so much fun. My strength has improved dramatically and it's made me tougher. You get bruises and pole burn, and you learn to deal with the pain of certain tricks. It is also such a cool feeling when you do certain moves, it's a little scary thrilling cause it feels like you might fall, cause your whole body weight is being held up by the back of your knee.

It's pretty stigmatized though, i prefer not to tell people about it unless they're nice normal people who don't judge without knowing anything about it. It's also not remotely as dirty or sexy as people think. Instead it's fun, and funny and just a really supportive environment and great workout.

• Most people only seem to know about the strip club association and think that's is all there is to it.

• You're welcome!

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 19

• Well this was a weird situation but- My ex-best friend had a birthday party at one of those adventure hotels with themed rooms and one had a night club theme, and there was a pole in a cage in the upstairs loft. So we all kind of tried to dance on it but I hit my head on the cast iron cage walls and gave up after like 10 seconds...

• No, but it does seem like fun.

• That seems like far too much work for something that isn't even for my own pleasure.

• no i haven't but want to give it a go for fun!

• i'd love to take pole dancing classes just to get really good at it - practice a lot in my private home etc. - for competitions and private time with my gfs etc. :) also, another way to exercise.

• I voted B. I wouldn't do it for the sake of showing off my body, but it seems like so much fun ^~^

• Once. At my friends apartment. She took pole classes so had a spinning pole in the middle of her living room and we all tried it out.

• I saw something on tv about pole classes where they said it's not what a lot of people think because it is stigmatized.

• that's true. it's more of a fun form of fitness these days.

• Not for money. In my girlfriend's basement just for fun. We were all seeing who would be the best at it lmao.

Turns out I'd probably be a better male stripper. Like Magic Mike. Lmao

• No. But if totally learn.
    Looks fun and is amazing for your core strength.

• Just for fun, at home... pole dancing with a broomstick while sweeping my patio lol

• no but i might want to try one day

• No thank you. I have neither the inclination nor the fitness level to pole dance. My friend had lessons for her hen-do but I declined, glad I did because they spent two hours grinding a filthy club floor in ridiculous high heels and paying for the privilege. Not my cup of tea thank you - the pole dancing competitions are good though, I've watched some of them and the girls are just unreal.

• No, and I never want to try it.

• Only as an exercise. A couple of girlfriends got groupons so I wouldn't mind going.

• No but I want to do pole dance, it seems fun.

• I might try it one day for my hubby. If I ever find him. 😕

• I tried it once with my friend who is a dancer lol it's so much more exhausting than it looks tbh!

• Lol omg no!!!
    Maybe I'll try with a boyfriend though lol

• took classes lmao