Would you rather travel by plane, road or by boat/ship etc (read more)?

The destination is jnot too far just the next city

Most Helpful Guy

• Train is just fine for me. In my country Switzerland, most people commute by train. This works because Switzerland is a relatively small country and our train net is one of the densest in the world. You can reach even the smallest 500-people village somewhere in the Alps by train and most town/villages have at least two trains an hour that connect it to some big city. Also, we like commuting/travelling by train because it is much more environmentally friendly than driving your car everywhere. Personally, I have been commuting by train since I was 15. When I was 15, I passed my entry exams to get into a special high school that would later allow me to attend university (the school system is different than in Anglo-American countries because not everyone can go to Uni). This school happened to be located in a different city than where I live. Later, my university that I am attending now also happened to be located in that city. I moved in with my girlfriend last year and we thought about moving to the city where my university is located but I wanted to stay in my hometown because it's very green and peaceful although it is a big city (for Swiss standards ;-)). So, I've been riding the train from one city to the other and back in the evening almost every day for the past 12 years and I really got to like it. I prefer commuting by train over commuting by subway (we don't have any subways anyway) because you can always look out of the window and enjoy the fields and meadows passing by. But I also enjoy commuting by train because the seating arrangement is of course different from subways and on the train I can study more easily than on the subway. For example back in high school I would sometimes use the time on the train in the evenings to get some of my homework done :-). I also really love riding my bike (also something that is generally very popular in Switzerland and other European countries such as the Netherlands or Denmark) and a couple of times I actually rode to my University by bike. But it's not really something that I can do on a regular basis because it took me about 3 hours one way ;-). So yeah, if I'm just going to another city, I like taking the train. We also have great connections to other countries. There's a high speed train that I can take and get to Paris in about 5 hours. There are also good connections to Germany and Austria. However, my problem is that I love travelling far away (east Asia, US etc.) and for that, I need a plane ;-).

• Very long, but very interesting, thanks for that insight about Switzerland too. very honest opinion won you MHO

What Girls Said 6

• i like road trips the best! super fun to me.

• Never been on a plane or a train but I think depending on where would depend on how I'd like to travel. Like road trips can be fun because you can stop wherever you want. But a plane would be a quick way plus the views must be amazing.

• Does the boat have seats in the front i can lay on? Because if so, boat.
    I used to do that all the time on my familys boat, and it was really nice. :)

If not, road.

• How about by foot?

• Boat. But then again im a boater so...

• Road.

I am scared of flying Or floating.

What Guys Said 1

• I've only traveled by road