Why are the Amish people the best academically in America?

They get the highest SAT Scores out of all the groups of people out there. Second to the Amish are the Jewish people.

Sorry I don't mean the Amish, I mean the Quakers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say because they have less distractions. When it's time to study they don't have social media to drag them away from doing just that.

What Guys Said 6

• Discipline. They have the discipline to keep from worldly distractions. Not many people have this kind of discipline, to live without technology, to deny themselves, to not go out and party.

It is more than just not going on to social media sites, or watching tv. These people are exceptional. And as such, their discipline is higher than many.

• i think you "are" better if you were brought up with a really solid believe system. because there are a lot of parts of your life that you don´t need to worry about this way. though i think the downside is you question less.

if you´re an atheist or have been brought up in a liberal way you question more but you´re more busy with figuring out shit about your life that those strickt religious peple don´t have to deal with.

lets be honest here: even academic grades are not about being "clever" but about memorizing shit and reproducing knowledge at a certain point in time... i know that because i´m in academic education myself.

• Their lack of use of technology minimizes distractions, and puts more of a focus on family life!

• No bullshit distractions.

• Because communists took over our education system to make us all stupid.

• because half those questions are about quilts and butter

What Girls Said 4

• Do you have any links on that one because I'm p sure most Amish communities only provide an 8th grade education at best.

• Where did you get that info? I live surrounded by Amish people, but they seem to be too concerned with farming to care about SAT scores.

• I'm surprised they even go to school and compete with people from the outside world.

• They aren't distracted by technology