Why does everyone like University?

I fucking hate it. Can't wait to get out of here.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people are there for the Greek life and love it for that. Some are there for the sports and love it for that. Among the rest, those that truly want to learn more generally like it or even love it. But those who think it is just a step in life, generally are not happy with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• University is fun if it is moderately challenging and allows you to experience self-actualization. I like University when my courses are easy and hate it when my courses are hard but whether I like it or hate it - it gives my life meaning. I also find people to be nice as well but in school you are usually too busy to socialize beyond your basic group.

What Guys Said 10

• it depends on where you go and which friends you've made. I didn't like my undergrad uni but I had friends there so it made up for it. Im in med school right now and I love it! You get to meet so many people with the same goals in life as you who have similar interests.

• I love it for the things I learn. I am academically very interested. That's why I'm thinking about doing a PhD in a few years. But then again, I didn't just slip into college like you do in America. In my country only the best 15-20% can actually go to University, so you really have to fight for it and if you manage to make it, you've got something to be proud of.

• What country?

• Wow I didn't know it was that competitive there, that's interesting.

• On the bright side education is very cheap in Switzerland. Attending university is not completely free as it is in Scandinavia for example, but I only pay a few hundred bucks for a top-notch education, so I think that's something really good :-).

• Depends on why you're going. If you're going there to learn so that you can get a degree and get a job later, then it's great. If you're just there to meet people, then it's nothing special. There's lots of drama there, still. If you're there to just party, then I don't know how to answer that. I was never part of the Greek life and you'd need to be to get that part of the University life.

• Because it's much harder finding a job and creating a career to support yourself with without a degree.

• I love it because of the experiences I am having and the friends I am making

• Well I don't like it nor I hate it.

I don't go there to socialize, as soon as classes are over and there's nothing I need to do in the lab I'm out. I don't stay there chatting with friends or anything.

• The fact that you're even in a post secondary institution is great. Grow a spine, quit being a bitch and endure your education too get that piece of paper at the end.

• I bet you didn't go to University or if you did you didn't do well.

• Not a guy. Dumbo

• Lol either way, have a great one!

• I only liked it until I had a job offer solitified senior year. Then I just wanted out.

• I don't like it, I just go because I have to if I want a decent paying job. That's a part of life.

• it's for my future. or just leave, get a shitty job.

What Girls Said 5

• What's your major? You tend to think more about your life and what it all means in college. I think it's okay. I don't love it and I don't hate it. I'm a Molecular Bio major.

• You like it or not, depending on how you see it, and/or why you are there as @Red_Arrow said.

• Popularity doesn't matter anymore

• It was what I was told to do. Go to varsity. Biggest mistake ever. Its helpful if you want an academic career, be an engineer etc.

• i dont like it.