When you agree with it, it's a complaint. When you disagree with it, it's whining. Agree or disagree?

Often times when we agree with someone, they're making a valid complaint. Often times when we disagree with someone, it's just whining. Agree or disagree?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a very good observation. (I'm going to have to remember this as a retort if I ever get caused of whining 😈)

It makes sense that we would be more likely to see it as a valid complaint if we agree with them since wecan put ourselves in their shoes. We could see ourselves making that same complaint if we were in their situation and wouldn't want others to say we were whining.

However when we disagree we are more likely to see their issues as nonexistent and perceive their expression as whining because we couldn't see ourselves in that situation and thus have no sympathy for their concerns.

The only reason why I don't think it's True 100% of the time is because, even if I agree with someones complaints I might still see it as whining depending on how they are expressing their concerns and how frequently. Like even if you have valid complaints I think there's still a right way and a wrong way to voice them.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 0