Would it be worth it to end up with student debt to live at college?

The college I plan to transfer to after junior college is about 40 minutes from my house by train and car. I am going for the academics, not the partying.

• Yes
    50% (3)0% (0)38% (3)Vote
  • No
    50% (3)100% (2)62% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• No. 40 minutes isn't a long drive. It won't cost you 20 grand in fuel over two years.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Calculate how much it'll cost for transport if you don't stay at uni.

0|0
    0|0
    • The train will be $100 a month, then 4 more years of college (I also plan on going to graduate school), equals $3,600 total. It'll just be a pain some days, but I suppose that is better than dealing with drunks walking around while you are trying to work.

• Doesn't your uni give you a discount for the train/bus pass though?

• That is the University discount price I used in the calculation.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on what degree you're going for and how much debt you'll put yourself in. For 40min of commute though, I wouldn't move, it's not worth the extra money. I didn't move when I did my undergrad and it was about 30min away and it was perfectly fine and I'm glad I didn't move out. Now that I'm in med school though I had to move to the other side of the planet and I'm not going to lie, living by campus and having the full college experience is a lot of fun. I know these will be the best years of my life no doubt.

0|0
    0|0
  • debt in todays world is bad

0|0
    0|0