Does it hurt to pluck eyelashes?

My eyelashes have been irritating my eyes a lot in the past few days. I've been running my eyes to the point where they're extremely bloodshot just to get some relief. I recently took a picture of my eye to see if any eyelashes were growing in strangely and noticed a few growing very close to my eye. I'm probably going to pluck them for now because they're extremely painful. So, does it hurt to pluck eyelashes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, do not do that. They don't grow back quickly I believe. There maybe something you can do. Go see an ophthalmologist ASAP if it continues to bother you.

www.livestrong.com/.../
    "In any case, understanding that eyelashes do not grow back quickly is important so that you avoid unnecessary and overabundant plucking."

Most Helpful Girl

• Your eyelashes keep your eyes clean and free of irritants. If you pluck them, you're going to irritate your eyes even more. You should go see an optometrist like abc3643 said.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't do that for health purposes. If you pull them slowly it hurts more than a quick pluck. Either way it makes mine itch.

• Yeah... I guess like a little bit.. but the pain will go in minutes or seconds

• The first time it always hurts. Just let your skin toughen up for a while.

What Girls Said 0