Are Americans open towards foreigners?

I am from southeast Europe and I will spend about 3 months in the southwest states.
I am a little bit worried I won't make any friends and be bored...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah for the most part, sure there may be the occasional few who are not so open to foreigners. A majority like foreigners and hearing their stories!

• Good to know! :)

• I loved Greece and Santorini! I need to make it back to Europe soon and I will add it to the list!

• Great!

What Guys Said 12

• It depends. There are some some people here that hate certain nationalities (for instance, I know a few guys that fought in Iraq and they really don't like Iraqi people, because of it), but, in general, they usually like foreigners. Europeans are generally very welcome. I actually really like foreigners. I love getting to learn all about them and their own way of life while also getting a chance to show them what America can be like. :)

• Cool! Glad to hear that!!

• I'm not open anymore because they usually just go with other foreigners so what's the point in being friends with em

• I'm from Europe and been living in the US for almost 2 years and I've felt very accepted here, I've never met anyone that disliked me for where I'm from, and they're actually more interested cause of the fact that I'm a foreigner.
    Americans are really friendly, so just show that you have good intentions and they will accept you.

• I'm open towards everyone.

• Europeans are pretty welcome here so you shouldn't have a problem.

• Certain Americans, no. But I am. After all, we all originally came from some place in the Europe/Asian continent.

• A lot of Americans on TV are pretty xenophobic. Even though it seems like a minority, it's actually quite a few who are embarrassingly against foreigners which is stupid because all of our ancestors were foreign.

• No europeans are usually pretty welcome here. What part of the southwest will you be in?

• No I will spend time in the southwest states (US) :)

• I meant what state (s)

• Aha :) New Mexico, Arizona and Texas

• European foreigners are welcome by Americans so you're good. Other foreigners? Not so much.

• Don't worry about it, we're a cultural melting pot.

• It depends some are, but American women aren't open to foreign women since they see them as a threat.

• I guess it's in every country the same haha

• What Country are you from specifically? Balkans?

• Yes :) I am from Croatia :)

• Unlike European countries who have people who hate Americans, every foreigner that comes here everyone loves cause they like to ask them about where they are from, what they think of America, complement their accent over and over, etc. U will be fine!

• If the foreigners came here and could not speak English, but tried to communicate in their native tongue, and yelled when they were not understood as if louder would make them understood. And treated Americans like they were lower than the foreigner, then they would be hated. Oh, wait. That is what so many Americans do overseas.

• @Red_Arrow don't generalize. Those are the stupid ones. My dad kind of being one of them except if u speak English and don't get what he's saying in English he will repeating say it over and over toc make sure u get it correct EVEN if u do get what he's saying

What Girls Said 1

• Southwest? Like Arizona?