GAGers: Have you ever killed an animal before?

• Yes, and it was intentional (while hunting, in self defense, etc.).
  • Yes, but it was unintentional (ran over it with your vehicle, accidentally overfed it, etc.)
  • No, I have never killed an animal before.
Insects do not count, unless they were your pet/pets

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm.. let me think...
    --Killed some rats before since they are a pest and would rather not have them take over the property. (Either via poison, via dogs, or via blunt object then dogs)
    --Chopped off some heads of snakes with shovel -- there are copperheads around where I go to camp.
    --Caught fish/sea creatures and killed them. Ate them too. Yum.
    --Accidentally ran over squirrel that ran in the middle of road.
    --Sent dogs after some lizards that got in the house.
    --Helped try to thin out the population of wild hogs on my friend's property... so shooting them.
    --And it doesn't really count, but I kill any bugs that get inside the house. It seems ridiculous to let things like cockroaches out without harm. They aren't exactly endangered, they bring diseases, and they multiply so fast that killing them doesn't exactly stop them much anyway.

I don't think it is morally wrong to kill animals so I don't feel bad at all about it, but I don't think you should do it with intentional cruelty either. It is important to respect the animal.

What Girls Said 20

• yeah! but for the purpose of surviving! chicken, duck, fish. LMAO!
    frog during experiment at school before. disgusted but i pity it, we have to electrocute them as well :l

but WON'T KILL A COCKROACH (if that counts). seriously. ugh! (i did kill before in very rare circumstances and i had to used up my whole energy as hell, like goku ugh! i hated it!)

• I ran over a squirrel once and I felt so bad afterwards, I kept thinking what if he was crossing the road to bring nuts to his little squirrel wife and squirrel kids.

And a deer once with my car, I felt terrible.

Other than that, I can't kill any anything, not flies, cock roaches, spiders, nothing. I catch them and let them go outside, as much as they freak me out.

• I voted B. I accidentally ran over it with my car. It was on the road. I don't swerve for birds, its considered dangerous here. You rather accidentally kill a bird then a family in another car.

• No I've never killed an animal before but my brother did once. We were going to ny aunties house and he trying fast on the road and he hit a squirrel and he had stopped and we got out to see if the squirrel was dead or not and it was. My brother is so weird because he took a picture of the dead squirrel...

• Yes i killed a lobster in classical french cuisine

• Thats brutal. But they are relatives of the cocroach so I think that qualifies as insect.

• It was for a class. Also it was with a knife to the brain killing it instantly which is more humane than throwing it in a boiling pot

• No! When bunnies run out in front of me when I'm driving I immediately stop for them. 😊

• One time while with my mom in her van, she almost ran over a kitten and I almost started crying because I thought she killed it :( This was like 2 weeks ago lol

• Omg!!! I would have gotten out of my truck and tried to see if it was all right.

• I didn't know cold water could kill.

• I have killed several poisonous snakes... western diamondback rattlers. And some fish that I caught, for meals. When I was eight, I stepped on a frog by mistake. I may have run over a few jackrabbits or cottontails by mistake. But for the most part, I would never hurt an animal if I didn't absolutely have to.

• I have killed many flies

• Do fish count?

• I've killed cockroaches before, not because of self defense, but because I couldn't tolerate them. If that counts? I've also accidentally killed three of my goldfishes when I was like 6 years old because I accidentally overfed it.

• Not that I can recall. I love de aminals. 😻🐭🐮🐰🐹🐤🐔🐴🐷🐺🐻🐤🐣🐨🐼🐗

• I read this as, were you killed by animal? I was going toask if you were born or dropped on your head as a baby. Other than that, I have been fishing with my family many times

• LOL no, I was not dropped as a baby xD

I am like half awake right now so it would not surprise me if I were to accidentally write it like that haha

• Yes I accidently killed a family of rabbits. I touched the kits and the mother abandoned them shortly after they died. I did not know that would happen. I feel terrible afterwards.

• I ran over a chicken once, I still feel guilty :o :(

• UGHH WHY WOULD YOU ASK THIS *cries* aisbkanwisnakka 😭

• Yes. On MANY occasions. I hunt them, so it wasn't by accident.

• I've killed thousands of...
    .. insects.. :P

• One time... unintentional i ran over a bird, but i would never intentionally kill or hurt any animal.

I abhor any kind of animal cruelty too. I actually floored a woman for kicking my dog in the face.

• When I was 3 I put pizza inside our fish tank because I thought the fish looked hungry.

What Guys Said 15

• O yeah tons of times, usually on purpose because I am fishing or hunting.

• I've killed animals before, but only once was it intentional lol

• I always do it on purpose, I don't kill without regard though only when I require meat, fish or skins, and I always show respect to my kills by closing their eyes and say a ancient celtic prayer over them thanking my prey for it's sacrifice during the hunt.

• I accidentally killed a squirrel when I was 3 by stuffing peanuts in it's mouth and it choked to death...

• I ran over a sea gull once. And a possum. Maybe a few squirrels and a cat or 3. One time a lady was walking her dog and the dog lay tacked the work van I was driving. He was knocked out cold but he ended up being ok.

• yes, I have killed several pheasants and doves, a few ducks, and a deer all while hunting

• Anyone who says they have never killed an animal even accidentally was just not paying attention when they did it. You don't go through a day (unless you live in a bubble) without killing some small animal and why should the value of an animal's life depend on it's size? Same goes for eating animals.

• Snakes, and I enjoy hunting as well. Soooo ya.

• I ran over a cat on the freeway (Couldn't avoid it)
    I've killed many fishes before when fishing.

My most recent one was this past Monday, a pigeon flew down in front of the lane of which I was driving and I swerved over to avoid em. The pigeon decided to flew last minute and I smacked it pretty hard. I have a really small dent on my new trucks front bumper. :(

• I use to fish

• Oh yes both intentionally and accidentally in my childhood like mice, chameleons, lizards, mosquitoes... Etc.

• No, but I came close once. I went deer hunting, and was a horrible shot - unfortunately.

• I've hit a couple of. irda in my car. I feel bad about it, but roadkill happens.

• I accidentally killed a caterpillar once as a kid. The feeling of guilt was real.

Also, insects died for your sins.

• Yes I have, I've killed thousands of duck's playing duck hunt.

• I've crushed many cockroaches under my heel.

• No, it's illegal here.