Which flag has the best design?

*THIS IS NOT A POLL ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE COUNTRY* so all you patriots and jingos can calm down now :)

What's a pro of living in Switzerland?
...
...
Well the flag is a big plus

I'm sorry to all the American patriots out there, but I just don't like the design of your flag, because THERE'S NO SYMMETRY AND IT DRIVES ME MAD
.
(I'm guessing you all know what the Japanese and South African flags are :) )

Oh, the last two flags showed up. That's good :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• I'm gonna go with UK only because the US flag is kinda similar with the flag of my own country, except that it has 50 white stars, mine is a crescent and a star.

• I like the argentinian flag! :)

argentinaflag.facts.co/argentinaflagimage1.png

• What does the union jacks stripes even represent?

The American flag is best because it tells us where we were, with the 13 original colonies that tour up the Union Jack represented by 13 stripes, and also what we've become with all 50 states represented by the stars in the corner.

• "What does the union jacks stripes even represent?"
      It's St George's cross over St Andrew's cross, representing the unification of England and Scotland.

• The UK. I love their design.

• Was in love with a South African, and then in love with its flag ever since.

"Rainbow nation" wasn't for nothing :)

• 0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Objectively and artistically, I think Canada has the best design. Sure a leaf might not be the "strongest" or "most badass"-looking icon, but we're just talking about what looks attractive artistically, haha.

I've always preferred that a flag should be simple enough for people to draw it relatively easily. I love the US flag because it's my country, but objectively its design is busy as hell, and it was a huge pain in the ass to draw it when I was in elementary school, lol. And yet there seemed to be a lot of assignments requiring the students to draw one. xD

• www.theplaycentre.co.uk/.../wales-flag.png
    Canada and Japan both have excellent flags too - as do South Korea.
    And obviously I have to include this:
    tca2000.co.uk/.../county-cornwall-flag.jpg

• I would have put the Welsh flag up, but you can only have 7 poll options :/
      Is that the Cornish flag? I only recognise it because it's so similar to Dorset's flag :P (I live in Dorset)

• Yep - if you're ever down this way, you'll see the bumper stickers on every non-emmet car (along with others such as "No pasties kept in this vehicle overnight" and "Welcome to Cornwall - your car's not as wide as you think it is"). The flags of Dorset and Devon are both just shameless rip-offs really.

• At least Dorset has an amazing motto:
      www.ngw.nl/heraldrywiki/images/b/bf/Dorset.jpg
      Who's a'feared? That's right fuckers, it's us.

• From the poll, Albania or UK.. From my personal opinion SoKor
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../South_Korea_Flag.png

• United States

,,,

• You really think it has the best design? Not because it's "THE FLAG OF FREEDOM MURICA UGH!"?

• Why is the Confederate flag not an option?

img2.owned.com/.../...o_offended_right_now_540.jpg

• I had never really seen it before, until you all started getting pissy about it on the news one day. Honestly I don't know what it is (I've got no clue on American history)

• South Africa is my favorite soo many colors :)

• Albania is pretty cool out of those.

• I like the South African flag it's pretty cool