Any Advice For A Freshman?

You Older People Out There XD Is There Any Advice U Could Give Me On Being A Freshman In A New School? It Would Be Very Helpful. Thanks (:

Most Helpful Guy

• As part of I guess the "Older People" let me try and offer a young whipper snapper some advice I wish I knew...
    1.) I suggest joining a club. Joining a club that you are passionate about will help you meet new people and will keep high school at least vaguely interesting... cause we all know the classes suck.

2.) If you have friends from junior high going to the same school, don't feel obligated to hang out with them. It's easier to hang out with familiar faces, but that isn't always the best. I realized there was actually cooler people that had I could trust more and be better friends with outside of my old social circle.

3.) The humor and maturity level changes pretty big. You'll get a feel for this as you go along, but it is just something to be aware of.

4.) Junior high didn't really matter in terms of grades, but high school grades do. Even as freshman, this affects your GPA, which affects chances of getting into college. Freshman year does matter unlike what some people think! I had a friend who was screwed over because he didn't take freshman year seriously.

5.) You will be tempted to do a lot of things. I personally suggest avoiding them. I can't stop you obviously, but I suggest staying away from things like pot/other drugs, alcohol, and sex for AT LEAST freshman year. Almost all the people I know who started getting into drugs or alcohol (actually a lot of my friends) ended up getting screwed academically. It is just a trend I see.

6.) All these things may be scary, but don't be afraid to be you. There are a lot of people at high school. Finding the right friend group can be scary, but if you just be you, you'll find people that you click with eventually. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to people either. Finding a lunch table at first is always awkward, but most people don't mind if you sit with them if you ask.

7.) Study. Study. Study. High school tests are harder than junior high tests. (Well, at least my school they were). Just like junior high, you'll probably have some teachers that are hardasses and some that are blowoff teachers. Get a feel for who the hardasses are and study like hell for them. Still study for the blowoff teachers though-- at least for the first test. Some blowoff teachers still give hard tests. Oh, and do your homework! That makes up a lot of points.

I don't know what else to say. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I can keep rambling on with more tips too but I figured this was good enough. xD

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• You could start by Not Typing Like This All The Time if you're chatting online to people you've met. It gets annoying fast.

• Remember highschool musical? Yeah. That stuff was legit. Get practicing on your vocals. Everyday at lunch we go hard. Don't be be dumb.

• I feel so old, now, god damn :/ At that age, school is of little impact, so just pass all your subjects and don't drink too much.

• I really couldn't give you any advice my school was vastly different then most high schools.

What Girls Said 3

• To become popular, get the seniors to like you. ANY senior. Otherwise do your homrwork date if you want friends will come easy. And join sports teams or clubs or belong to a group. Makes you feek proud of something. High school is a blast. Good luck :) message me for questions

• Work hard to get good grades (tip: make friends with people who will hep with that), be organized, and try to avoid drama.

• I wouldn't go after senior or junior guys, but that's just my opinion. Also get good grades, it's going to count for your cumulative GPA.