Any good ideas for a horror short-film?

So me and my friends decided to make a short-film just for the fun of it and just for us. We're 4, and we have the privillage of my place looking spooky at night. And of course, we could always go to a forest or abandoned places. Any good scenarios that we could use?

Most Helpful Guy

• A man murders his condescending girlfriend on a hike through bushland by placing a deadly spider in her backpack which bites her when she opens it. The man wanted her dead in order to start fresh with another woman he's been having an affair with.

The other woman knew about his old girlfriend but doesn't know he murdered her and thinks her death was an accident so she accepts the man's offer to move into the house he shared with the deceased which had been in her family for generations.

Everything works out fine until his girlfriend convinces him to do a seance (or however you spell it) in order to ask his dead girlfriends blessing for them to be married.

The séance appears to be unsuccessful but in the days following strange occurrences start to happen including the appearance of the same deadly spider killing his girlfriends mother when she comes to visit.

The new girlfriend is also pregnant and miscarries her baby at 2 minutes to midnight the night before the dead girlfriend rises from the grave, appearing in their bedroom spewing deadly spiders out of her mouth and locking them all inside the house, sealing them in for their death.

The theme song of the short is 2 minutes to midnight by iron maiden.

Most Helpful Girl

• I suggest to work on the story, any scenario is good.

What Guys Said 5

• Well what scares you? axe murderers are rather cliche but easy (though really just throwing a rock at there head would drop them) Or you could try phscological which is more about atmosphere (though that may be out of your production league) what intrests you?

• Any possibility of special effects?

• Like?

• Like, hmmmm... (I forgot what I was thinking earlier...) How about this: Like size changes or use of green screens. For instance, make a Godzilla movie, but Godzilla is actually a giant woman. Or, like a coven of witches shrinks a bunch of men and plays with or terrorizes them or you sacrifice one to Satan or something.

• Build on the works on things like Dead Space, have a few people wake up / go somewhere where it's deserted either due to something like zombie apocalypse of a "fake utopia" (like Hot Fuzz)

• An Angel is preying on a group of teenagers for their sinful conduct.
    PS: I'm and atheist, I just think it's a cool concept.

What Girls Said 1

• The crazy axe murderer wandering around in the forest
    Some guy making animal traps for his human victims
    having a shed full of tools for torture and murder