Would you get a condo or a house or live in an apartment? Which one is better and why?

0|0
6|6

Most Helpful Guy

• A condo is a compromise between a house and an apartment. If you want to have a free hand to decorate, paint, remodel, etc. but don't want the other chores of owning a house like mowing the lawn and (if in your area) shoveling snow, it's a good choice. You also build equity with a condo.

If you're just looking for a place to lay your head, an apartment will probably be your best bet. Easier to move, and generally cheaper, but less control over what you can do with the place.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Is a condo like a 2 bedroom place in a block of places?

1|0
    0|0
    • I think in America an apartment is a different thing to what it is in New Zealand. I want to buy a modern styled apartment. By this I mean a 2 bedroom place in a tall building in a good suburb.

• 😊😊 okay

• Yes I am looking forward to setting it up how I want and getting all the bits and pieces for it that I want so it is exactly want I want and is the perfect place for me.

• Depends what kind of area you live in.

1|0
    0|0
  • An apartment because im single so i dont need a lot of space, they dont require lawn work obviosly and they are the cheapest of the three.

1|0
    0|0
  • Apartment is better becz I like heights

1|0
    0|0
  • apartment would be OWSoMe...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Personally I prefer the house because I want to own dogs and so it'd be better to have my own yard. I currently live in an apartment though because that's all I can afford. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • While I'm still young and free and not settled down, I'd much rather live in an apartment. But if I ever have a family of my own, I would definitely like to live in a house, that's way better, more space and all that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to live in a condo or house, depending on the area.

With a condo, there are fees you pay to cover the maintenance of the area and other things like water, garbage pick-up, etc... That may save you some work overall, so you're not shoveling snow or cutting the grass. With a house, there is more space and privacy typically.

1|0
    0|0
  • I live in a condo. Its quite nice. Its just everyone is close together. No space.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would love to live in a condo. Condos usually seem nice and fancy, they fit my housing style.

1|0
    0|0
  • i rather live in a house

1|0
    0|0