Would you get a condo or a house or live in an apartment? Which one is better and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• A condo is a compromise between a house and an apartment. If you want to have a free hand to decorate, paint, remodel, etc. but don't want the other chores of owning a house like mowing the lawn and (if in your area) shoveling snow, it's a good choice. You also build equity with a condo.

If you're just looking for a place to lay your head, an apartment will probably be your best bet. Easier to move, and generally cheaper, but less control over what you can do with the place.

What Guys Said 5

• Is a condo like a 2 bedroom place in a block of places?

• I think in America an apartment is a different thing to what it is in New Zealand. I want to buy a modern styled apartment. By this I mean a 2 bedroom place in a tall building in a good suburb.

• 😊😊 okay

• Yes I am looking forward to setting it up how I want and getting all the bits and pieces for it that I want so it is exactly want I want and is the perfect place for me.

• Depends what kind of area you live in.

• An apartment because im single so i dont need a lot of space, they dont require lawn work obviosly and they are the cheapest of the three.

• Apartment is better becz I like heights

• apartment would be OWSoMe...

What Girls Said 6

• Personally I prefer the house because I want to own dogs and so it'd be better to have my own yard. I currently live in an apartment though because that's all I can afford. :)

• While I'm still young and free and not settled down, I'd much rather live in an apartment. But if I ever have a family of my own, I would definitely like to live in a house, that's way better, more space and all that.

• I'd prefer to live in a condo or house, depending on the area.

With a condo, there are fees you pay to cover the maintenance of the area and other things like water, garbage pick-up, etc... That may save you some work overall, so you're not shoveling snow or cutting the grass. With a house, there is more space and privacy typically.

• I live in a condo. Its quite nice. Its just everyone is close together. No space.

• I would love to live in a condo. Condos usually seem nice and fancy, they fit my housing style.

• i rather live in a house