Junior Year/College Help?

Basically, my grades in freshman year were horrendous. My GPA is a 2.3. Sophomore year was a little bit better, but not enough to make my GPA go up to a 3.0. I don't know what my GPA is right now because they haven't calculated my soph. year of high school yet, but I'm sure it won't go much higher. If I am willing to do much better in junior year, will it make a difference? I want to go to a good four year college... Obviously not Ivy League but a good, basic four year college.

Most Helpful Guy

• Junior year is the most important by far. That's the last year before you apply. If you do well colleges will forget the rest. If you want to have good choices then you'll need to do better than a 3.0. Take AP classes if you can, especially English (and math if you're interested in science or engineering).

Most Helpful Girl

• How about reading this book: How to become a straight A student by Carl Newport. Some said it's a great book. You should give it a try. I'm gonna buy one too

What Guys Said 1

• I think it would make a difference just as long you keep getting higher grades then the year before. Also if you can you should join a club, sport and do volunteer work that will look good to as well as getting high grades for college.

What Girls Said 0