Is it technically possible for a human to ignore facebook/twitter/instagram’s existence?

Seems like even people who don’t use internet know about fb/twitter/ig…so it’s really hard to ignore their xistance unless u live in a glass cage isolated from outside world/tv/internet etc.

• possible
  • impossible
i mean a person who has never head da word "facebook" or "twitter"

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never used twitter, IG and rarely used FB but hear it referenced 50 times a day so absolutely impossible to ignore it.

• yeah that's wot i'm tryin to say unless u live in a glass cage hahahha

i see fb (mostly) everywhere.. even food packages have a fb logo lately

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 12

• I'm sure my dad hasn't heard of Twitter or instagram or snapchat. He only knows Facebook and YouTube but doesn't even use them

• To not know of their existence at all would be pretty difficult, even a lot of old people use Facebook, so even old people know about FB, maybe not Twitter/Instagram so much though.

I haven't had Facebook in like 5+ years, I deleted it after 1 year of using it, I don't have a Twitter or an Instagram. Of course i've seen them but I very rarely go to any of them. I just use my phone and Skype.

I wouldn't even know how to use Twitter or Instagram, not even going to pretend.

I just hate social media, all of my friends have my cell number or are on my Skype.

• :D

so i'm not weird ehg? i don't use any... only fb a little bit

• You'e definintely not the only one.

I can't do social media and like I said I lasted 1 year on Facebook and all of these people who I knew when I was a teenager wanted to add me, people wanting to play games, narcissistic selfies every day and pictures of what they had for breakfast was just too much for me lol

• *high-5*

:D

• of course it is - I know some people who are fully aware of social media's existence but they don't use them at all and I really admire them for that lol

• u didn't get wot i was sayin... i mean TOTALLY ignore their xistance. as i mentioned even food packages have a fb logo

• ah... i meant a person who has... never never never never heard about da word "facebook"... cannot be any more simple :p

• lol ok that's very rare indeed.. but I'm still sure my grandma never heard of it tho.. she's been sick with dementia so even if she would have heard of it she wouldn't have remembered to be fair..

• Yep it can be. I never made FB and Twitter until this year and that too for uni. I hardly ever use them. I made Instagram last year.

• guess i should make a new question coz many people missed my point :(

• Oh my bad you meant as in are there people who never have heard of FB. Well yeah there are. Many grandparents probably I guess

• It's possible, I have a lot of friends who don't even use the Internet. I use Facebook and Tumblr occasionally- but I don't have any of the rest.

• check update

• I'm sure there are a tonne of people outside of the western world who haven't a clue what any of these terms mean.

• it's possible who knows but I use Twitter Instagram and I used to do Facebook but I quit and stayed away from Facebook and then I went back on Facebook and I only use Facebook just to like fallow my Twitter fallowers Facebook pages who have Facebook but I try not to go on Facebook to often

• Yes I know it's possible I don't have an account on any of the mentioned sites.

• but u know wot they r...

• my last message came across harsher than i meant it too lol. it was a genuine question, wasn't being condescending.

yeah i read your update. I know about fbook and twitter etc, but I ignore their existence as I dont use them and so they dont play an active part in my daily life, thus unless somebody mentions them to me, i dont think about them.

Also, believe it or not, there are still tribes and nations out there completely cut off from the modern world. for example certain tribes deep in the amazon jungle and more famously north korea. so yes, it is possible

• Yes I know what they are never use them though.

• There is a possibility a very slim one but it is possible.

• I do with facebook!

• People in North Korean don't know what it is. Only their beloved leader Kim Jong-Un can know.

• My great grandma.-.

• In Africa they ignore it

What Guys Said 10

• Eh, I've never had twitter, I did have Facebook and instagram a few months ago but i deleted my account on both.

• still u know they xist... so...

• Oh, I thought you meant just not use them, I get ya dude! My bad D:

• It's possible in one way but we always go look it up on the search engine to see what it looks like i know i have,,

• How would you be able to find out? The moment you ask if they've heard of it they just heard of it from you...

• i dont use any social networks and I've had the same phone since 2007, which cost me £1.95 so the only time im on the internet is in the evenings after work.

why the hell do you need to see what everyone is doing 24/7?

• I've never been on Twitter or Instagram, and I killed off my FB account a few weeks ago. Just too much nonsense.

• i mean TOTALLY ignore their xistance. like someone's askin u:

"hey wot's yer fb?"

and u respond...

"wot's fb?"

• That'll be my answer from now on. ;-)

• LOL...

• I don't user any of those sites.

• I hear it on the news or whatever but to actually know what they are used for not particularly mainly because I don't care lol

• I couldn't care less about any of those.

• its possible, I only have it to stay in contact with my family

• then u should go out for huntin so u can eat since food packages have a fb logo

• I ignore all those except gag.

• I have none of those. Never had, not planning on having.