What has been the worst natural disaster you lived through?

Mine was enduring the north ridge earthquake of1994. Was 10 years old and felt the ground shaking pretty fiercely. I got shielded my little sister from anything falling which luckily none did.

what was your worst one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hurricane Katrina in 2005. It's not the first hurricane that we have been through and it won't be the last, nor was it the only one where we lost everything that we owned, but it was the worst. Not only were we in it, lost everything and had to rebuild, but I also lost family.

What Girls Said 4

• Hm, the biggest natural disaster I can remember was Hurricane Isabel in 2003. I was only in 3rd grade at the time but I remember because the sky was so dark, it looked like night time. My dad picked my brother and I up from school. I live in Virginia and while I'm not too close to the coast, I do live near a major river so there was flooding over the roads. The winds were devastating, there was some damage to our house and cars from falling debris. We lost power for almost two weeks because of the flooding, damage to the power grids, and the winds that caused so many fallen trees. Our basement flooded too so that took a long time to clean up.

• There was a massive flood in the city I was living in a few years ago. My parents were besides themselves with worry (I didn't even know it was happening until my mother called me to tell me to watch the news).

• It was a bit windy where I live and the power went for a few hours... I live in Ireland we just get rain..

• A blizzard. I couldn't open my front door because of all the snow.

What Guys Said 4

• I live in Hamilton, Ohio, where we virtually have no natural disasters. I've felt ONE earthquake in my life and it was extremely minor (it barely had an affect) and that was back in 2008. I've still never seen a tornado and we obviously don't get windstorms, mudslides or hurricanes (Oh wait... maybe we do.)

Back in September, 2009, Hurricane Ike stormed through Texas and caused a lot of damage. Here in Ohio, we had the aftermath of the storm. We had hurricane-like winds blowing through around 90 miles per hour. I worked at a local grocery store that day and I was a bagger, who would also grab shopping carts from the parking lot. I remember working the first day of our "hurricane" and I told me I couldn't grab the carts from the lot, because it was too windy. My managers laughed at me but I was being serious. When I drove home that day, my car was swerving due to the wind. As it turns out, we had wind so severe, it was officially recorded as a "hurricane." It was the first hurricane in the Cincinnati Metro area in 110 years. I remember seeing trees blow down and my electric was out for a week and a half. Everyone panicked and the stores were flooded. I remember we used two calamity days from school when this happened.

In a weird way, I enjoyed it, because it was something different. I'll probably never see anything like it again here in Ohio.

• The Los Angeles earthquake in the late eighties... I can't remember the year cuz I would have been younger than 5 years old at the time...

• I have been lucky I think I might "Lived through" a couple of bad storms with no more than a few loose roof tiles.

• Thunder storm, PA doesn't have too crazy of weather.