Will I have an easier time writing a book or screenplay? and which one is easier to get published or sold?

My idea is a really good, original one.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Books, depending on how descriptive you wanna be, can be either easy or hard. It all depends on your imagination and diction. You are given the relentless freedom to describe the most minute thing. Also to expand on something as broad as a sunset. You can just go crazy.

A screenplay, however, is a lot more structured. Heavily, really. "Plenty of white space," is what my screenwriting teacher would tell us. It is in a screenplay where you describe only what is necessary because what the characters, locations, props, effects---everything else that is cool to look at---will be worked out later. But, there is also, again, relentless freedom. Just keep it in a A-to-B format, however, there is nothing wrong with personal flare or style. A good way to practice is to read other screenplays. Just don't get too attached to anything. Same goes for writing books. Things are always bound to change/evlove along the revision process.

Also, there are websites where you can look this stuff up. And if you decide to write a screenplay, I recommend the program Celtx. It's free and easy to use.

Personally, as Unce Phil put it, "I love them equally, but differently."

So take your pick and have fun.

• Self publishing is the way to go. If you want to write a screenplay you're best off producing it yourself so you have total creative control. The cost off production and editing is low enough that your average person can afford to do it. Distribution and marketing is the biggest hurdle.

• Considering my story is about a massive war/political drama... that's not going to happen.