Read the bible and god is a bigger killer than satan. Shouldn't we instead worship satan?

God killed millions, according to the bible. Satan barely killed anyone. You could argue a dozen people, or so. Then why is a genocidal god worshipped? He works in mysterious ways? Maybe satan does, too, but just isn't genocidal.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I pretty much agree. Satan always seemed like the cooler dude.

What Girls Said 9

• God doesn't kill people. If you're talking about noah and the arc and the flood, the people in the world were already killing themselves, there was too much sin. Satan is a liar and he misleads people. God gives you are to breathes. He created the Sun the moon and the stars. He created you which is why He should be worshipp

• That's like saying that a wife beats herself. Little innocent children die in a flood and it's their fault?

• Then satan has no real power. He's basically like an immortal person walking around. So he's not to blame for anything. Meanwhile, god kills and allows his creations to do evil.

• Ok sure believe what you want. I believe in God and thats all I have to say.

• The bible is symbolic and God has the right to kill sinners. Only the perfectly righteous SHOULD be immune to killing.

• So it's ok that god is a genocidal tyrant that kills arbitrarily?

• Ok, so the bible isn't literal, just symbolic.

• yes its symbolic.

• Well, technically, God hasn't killed anyone beside the city of Sodom and Gomarrah because of the wickedness going on there (Genesis 19) , and eventually, this earth because of that same wickednes (2 Peter 3:10)

God is the giver of life (1 Timothy 6:13) while the Devil is here to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). All God does is take His hand off of the person, or stops protecting them, and He lets Satan take care of the rest.

• Have you read the entire bible? rationalwiki.org/.../Examples_of_God_personally_killing_people
      You can open a bible and confirm those passages cited on that page.

And that's just direct killing, never mind endorsing rape and murder.

• You're taking those examples out of context though. He didn't just kill to kill.

Sodom and Gomarrah was wiped out because of the wickedness going on, which God promised not to do anymore mass killings. Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt because she was being disobedient. God said "Don't look back" and she looks back. Er was killed for wickedness. Onan was killed because of disobedience. God told him to impregnate Tamar, but he would stop himself from ejaculating in her. Pharaoh's first born was killed because Pharaoh was being disobedient.

God had a very personal relationship with the people in the bible, and He could easily strike them down for the reoccurring, disobedience and wickedness. These are also the people who claim to be worshipers. Going back to your original question, why would Satan need to personally kill if he has all these people disobeying God? That's what he wants because when Satan pushes you off course of righteousness, you're dead.

• hey there satan... looking for followers on gag?

• All of God's "killings" are justified and Satan can kill no one because God limits his power Revelation 20:2-3. I seriously hope you're trolling.

• If god can limit satan's power, why not just stop him altogether? If satan is bad, why allow him to harm people?

• Oh, god is just biding his time and toying with us in the meantime. What an asshole.

• God is giving us time to choose. Would you rather him end the world now and give those who aren't saved no chance? If he's "toying" with us, let him toy. As a believer, the threat of Satan doesn't bother me. Nor does the thought of any more hardships, because the ones I have gone through have already strengthened my faith. I don't think you'll understand, no matter how many times I try to explain it.

• Smh this is just another question from some anonymous hater who only wants to hear from people who agree with him and isn't actually looking for an answer. Whatever I say or whatever anyone else says is not going to change your view so why even bother posting this? Oh well you're not even worth the time.

• If that's the case, what makes your comment any different?

• I just don't care about your views and you shouldn't care about mine 😂 I'm just saying why would you post a question when you're not looking for answers?

• It's your opinion that I'm not looking for answers. It's not my fault that what I'm criticizing is indefensible.

• 2|1
  • Satan has killed millions of people, don't get it twisted. Think of all the people Satan screwed their lives over. It's nothing compared to the things you're talking about. Satan has a few of his own army that kill, possess, and take over someone's life. There are demons that have killed several innocent people. God is like a planet. We can't physically see or touch it , but we know he's there.

• "Satan has killed millions of people,"

Not according to the bible. The idea that satan zombies are doing stuff is purely interpretation, not events in the bible.

What Guys Said 12

• This is ridiculous, god is neither good or bad
    God is truth

We shouldn't worship Satan because of his dishonesty, and has bad intentions (Satan is representative of Sin and ignorance as well as immorality imo)

• I imagine that you have herd of, House rules, my house my rules. In God's house ( all of creation) if you brake the rules you dye. But God has grace so if you say you're sorry he will forgive you. All those people God has killed is because thay broke the rules, it's justice. The only reason you and I are alive is because God has mercy.

• So we are the unwilling servants of god, or else?

• You don't understand. We worship God so he WON'T kill us and damn us to Hellfire. We don't worship him because he's all peaceful and never killed anyone. Crazy.

• So it's basically like a brutal dictatorship?

• Well that's bullshit. Wasn't satan an angel that rebelled against his dictatorship? Maybe he is a hero.

• He did not rebel against the dictatorship he tried to start another one where he was the dictator. You don't seem to understand how things work.

• The Bible is not meant to be taken literally.

• Because he doesn't exist, that's why.

• God is a dick. Good thing he doesn't exist.

• Question. If I take a year to make a hundred sculptures, then decided that I didn't like them. Could anyone get mad at me if I decided to trash them? No, because they're my creation and I have the right to do so. Now, what if my sculptures are there and someone outside came and destroyed two of them. It's not nearly as much as a hundred but it's not his place. He didn't make them so how can he do that?

• So we're basically just god's peasants and he can kill and manipulate us at his leisure, without an rational explanation?

• If you stipulate that God exists and is the creator of all that exists in the universe, then yes, God has the right to do whatever he wants with his creation. The great thing about free will is that if you think worshipping Satan is a good idea, you're free to do so.

• I think that Satan disguised as a monk and wrote those verses to make people hate God.

• Of course not, if you are going to suck up to someone suck up to the most dangerous one not the nicest.

• I haven't killed anyone. Shouldn't everyone instead worship me?

• I always found it out that God did worse things in the bible than the devil. I don't follow the bible that much but I've never heard of the devil directly doing anything bad. I've heard numerous stories where God killed people.