Belief (or no belief) in God?

A very interesting question, mainly aimed at teens trying to come to grips with a beleife that says there is or isn't a God? Not a lengthy argument about being athiest or thiest (beleiver), just rather a reason why you do, or dont, believe in something supernatural such as that?

• YES - Believer in SOMEthing
  • NO - Non believer (no belief system)

Most Helpful Girl

• Believing in karma, in something watching over me
    that things happen for a reason

What Girls Said 5

• Nopeeee I don't believe in shit.

• ok so no belief system at all. not science or anything?

• You don't "believe" in science because believing in something implies to have faith in which doesn't account for all the evidence (observations, experiments, replications) behind it.

• Instead of absentmindedly trusting science all willy-nilly, it's important to stay critical of scientific invesigations/theories to further improve our understanding of the natural world.

• I don't believe...

• yes... i believe..

• In the middle, agnostic :)

• I'm catholic... there should be nothing wrong with that.

What Guys Said 6

• No belief system here, apart from the idea that our consciousness resides in our brains, and with death, we as a person die permanently. Afterlife cannot exist as such.

• but a basic law of conservation of matter (newton) states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, it merely changes its form. fuel like paper turns into heat when burnt for example. and your conscience and consciousness is energy in the form of electrical pulses, that surely cannot dissipate into thin air

• Sure it can. You're driven by energy provided by whatever energy you gain from food. If I turn my computer off, does it change form? No, it just stops working. The human brain is just a biological machine driven by genetic code, the only "change of form" it gains is that it stops functioning completely.

• Yeah, I'm a believer of something. Not saying anyone else that thinks differently is wrong for having a different opinion.
    I respect all different views, even the people that don't respect mine.

• i don't believe in a "god" so to speak, i believe we make our own paths and such.

• There is no God. There can be no God.

• how can you be 100% certain?

• Why does God allow the existance of evil, then?
      If He is capable, but not willing, then He is cruel.
      If He is willing, but not capable, He is not all-powerful.
      And if He is neither willing nor capable, why call Him a God?

• I'm Carl Saganist)

• I don't know if there is or not but if there is he has decided to act exactly as if he doesn't.

So what difference does it make?

• no difference i was just wondering what peoples views on it was.