Old people : What do you dislike about the young generation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would I dislike something?
    They're not that different from us.

I didn't like (even hated) half the music of my generation. Since I don't follow music actuality, I hear only the plugged music (by accident) and that's terrible on my ears. I suppose that if I followed today's music with the same patience I followed the music of my generation with, I'd discover good music too. I heard some Metal which I appreciated, for instance.

What Guys Said 15

• @TheGrumpyCat Thanks for the acknowledgement!

The biggest dislike I have is that your generation has constructed a set of rules for dating that allow you to ask a girl for a first date through a text message and to break up the same way. That seems like a horrible emotional disconnect and it reinforces the idea of taking the easy way out.

• *awaits comments along the lines off* :

''Theyre all annoying!/Brats!''
    ''Get Off my lawn!''
    ''They don't appreciate good music!''
    ''They're noisy!''
    ''Where is my ointment?''

• In all honesty it is the person I judge rather than the generation - For every idiot who is young, I can point out one my age and one my parents age and the same goes for good people. It is negative to generalise so I try not to do it.

• That you call us old now young lady respect your elders LMFAO

• am I old?
    here's what I hate about younger people

Constantly glued to their phones.

day talk like dis. innit bruv.

the guys look like girls and spend hours doing their hair

the girls look like barbies and have stupid drawn on eyebrows. wtf is that all about?

they have 0 social skills and are awkward as hell (all thanks to unsocial networking). is it seriously that hard to look someone in the eye?

skinny jeans

reality tv

I could litterally go on all day, and im sounding more and more like victor meldrew so i'll stop here.

• wot pisses me off mostly's when people my age criticize current teens... LMFAO... u weren't much different so don't play it mature... only difference's now they have fb/twitter... then they had MSN and yahoo... minor difference... REALLY!

• I dislike how they're always on their phone.

• i think the´re fine. with one exception: sex and sexy clothing and all this is not for 12 year olds... wait with all the fucking... there´s going to be enough time for that at an appropriate age.

• Nothing much tbh. I'm just surprised - thought I would be older before I felt completely outdated, but no - the generation gap feels massive.

• Yes. I was going to ask if u considered urself old at 31. But I see what u mean by generation gap lol

• @HookingSwan: I don't feel old, it's just that everyone else is so young, so I must be old, and that is... scary :D

• 1|1
  • i hate the media.

• Good question!

• Am I old enough to answer?

• 1. No morals/godless
      2. Lack of respect for elders and older people
      3. Shallow and way too image carinf (cares too much about what others think)
      4. Degenerate (thinks bad is cool and good and good is bad and lame)

• lol i hate why no loyalty from women and men have no balls anymore

• won't have sex with older guys

What Girls Said 14

• I don't judge like that. Every generation has its fair share of bad and good apples. I think people who look down on younger generations tend to be hypocritical, as they seem to completely cover their eyes when it comes to the faults of their own generation.

People who complain about revealing clothes, older generations wear revealing clothes too. Maybe not as much people who are like 60+, but every younger generation definitely has many people who wear stuff like that. Older generations are also capable of being on their phone 24/7 and completely hooked on social media sites. Slang has always existed, people always talk a certain way when they're younger. It just evolves. And things about being naive/inexperienced/stupid... yeah? We've ALL been there. You learn from your mistakes, that's how you grow as a person and eventually mature.

I just hate this general holier-than-thou attitude older generations have, my generation included. No generation is better or worse, since we're so different on an individual level. Some people don't have to make tons of mistakes to learn what's stupid and what's not. Some people aren't glued to their phone/social media 24/7. Some people talk just fine without excessively using slang. And this goes for all generations. You win nothing on judging people as a group instead of judging them as individual people.

• I will say this: No matter how old or young a person is: It is what is in One's heart for The Old and... The young generation.
    I have mixed with people of all ages, all nationalities all of my life. It's the understanding of People that comes with me being a wise ol' owl.
    that counts. xx

• Many of them do not know who they are or what they believe yet and believe whatever people tell them. Many of them also believe a lot of things that are not true. For example - I know that God does not care what religion you belong to, but only how ethical and moral you are. I know God wants you to atone and make restitution for the wrongs you do to others and the wrongs you do to Him. I know that respect should be given on the basis of purity and innocence and not on the basis of works. I know that life is about glorifying God and not about glorifying yourself. I know being beautiful or ugly does not affect your lot in life because only God determines what happens to you. Somebody young and impressionable does not know these things.

• I was thinking you were arrogant at first, but my opinion changed when I read the rest of the comment. If you actually apply this to your everyday life, you're very wise.

• It does says a lot since the majority here are 15-26. And they are here asking obvious questions.

• And say obvious comments to people who already know it.

• The media. Honestly. Remember when MTV played music videos? Look at our idols of today. Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj. Most young girls would rather get butt implants than study for a decent job. Most young men watch so much porn they can't look at a normal female and become aroused. Male and female value is placed more upon appearance than ever before. There's war all over the place but nobody really knows WHY. celebrities spend thousands on plastic surgery, Gucci handbags and trillion dollar homes while children in third world countries are dying of starvation. And all we give two forks about is trying to find a way to make our butts bigger...

• Fucking selfies... just stop it already! YOUR FACE IS NOT THAT GOD DAMN INTERESTING!!!

Sadly, lots of people my age are obsessed with selfies too... so annoying.

• Said the girl with a selfie as her profile pic...

• Needed a profile pic. I hate whe people post selfies all the time. No one needs to see ten new pics of your dumb face every day...

• aren't we all young still? :D what counts is how old u feel lol

Anyways... Nothing against ur generation.

And I am not old! Young lady 😎

• Where i live all the little kids think theyre tough so they try to start shit with everyone and i'm just like really?
    or they're trying to start gangs because there's two pretty big ones out here but it just fails and i laugh so hard.
    haha

• Yes, I do ;P LOL. Just kidding! You all are cool :)

• Oh, yes, there is one thing. I don't like it when younger girls wear too much make up and too short dresses cause they want to look hot... and many spend too much time texting

• I'm not that old but like the lack of concern for their own safety really troubles me. @fenixx0083

• The crap they call music now, look here back in my day... lol, but seriously the music sucks with the exception of Ed Sheeran and that Sam guy.

• There's one thing that scares me off these days. When I get out of my house to go anywhere, I see girls as young as 12 are wearing makeup, and that seriously scares me, because, 5 years ago when I was 12, all we cared about were playing with our friends, not how to attract guys. And kids these days know how to use any electronic gadgets way better than me, they can even teach me! Guess I should update myself lol

• I don't even like my own generation or the one under me. Because of social media and shit, kids are so sexual and they're just frankly lazy assholes. Not every kid is, but a lot are.

• Who is considered old on this site? I've only seen one or two people that are 40+

• They're all brats