Is martial arts sinful?

Most Helpful Girl

• Using martial arts to attack random people for no reason, abusing your martial art skills... that would be sinful.

But just practising it.. no

Most Helpful Guy

• Why on earth would martial arts be sinful?

Martial arts is learning how to move and fight, basically. When you've been to a Krav Maga or jujitsu or kali or win tsun class that involves orgies or sacrificing goats to satan, then yes, that school is sinful. Let me know if you find such a place.

Until then, why on earth would you even wonder?

• Martial arts has a different religion behind it all together (there is no God it's all about you)

• So you're concerned over something that you've only heard of in rumors, and have no idea if it's true or not.

• It could be or it could be not

What Girls Said 2

• I suppose... if you believe in "sin"... and think it is...

• no? lol beat the crap outta you tho

What Guys Said 17

• If you use it to protect/save yourself or someone else from an attacker then you are using it for the purpose it's made for. If you use it to attack random people for no reason then that is sinful.
    I do martial arts.

• I don't think there's anything sinful about martial arts.

Although if you're a religious person, you want to abstain from the deep spiritual elements and just focus on the skill and exercise.

• O believe me that's all I'm doing (for the skill & exercise, none of that belief none sense) but I'm just little concerned of how well or unwell it would go on judgment day knowing I was practicing something of different ideas (religiously)

• not at all, it helps us evolve into more advanced persons allowing us to over come odds with more finesse. Just because there is no god behind it doesn't mean that you shouldn't believe in it. It is based more upon physicality and not based around your religious preference because lets face it when you are fighting the last thing you will be thinking is jesus striking down your foe.

• did u know there r MANY religious people who practice martial arts?

• Yes I believe in God & Jesus. But I read there is a religion behind martial arts (there is no God, according to the religion)

• see @yusibear comment

being a martial atist doesn't mean u r violent... actually most martial artists r da calmest and most peaceful people around. whoever says martial artists r violent must be really ignorant

• "Guns don't kill people. People kill people"
    So no, it's the people that abuse that skill that are sinful

• Depends what religion you follow. Buddhist monks practice Martial arts but still remain peaceful. Many Martial arts are about self defense and the protection of others!

• Sin is a 100% religious concept.
    What religion are you thinking of?

• I'm a certified martial artist and Christian. Martial arts can draw upon forbidden magic such as chi and are generally intended to harm others, but if you simply use them for self preservation and to protect your loved ones there is nothing sinful about that. You might not want to practice arts that delve heavily into magic or sorcery if you are worried about that.

• Not to me, but I don't believe in sin. It's really weird that someone told you martial arts are sinful. That's a really extreme position. Most Christian denominations in the US do not consider practicing martial arts sinful.

• No I'm a Christian and I have trained in various martial arts for over a little over a decade.

• Yes, otherwise Jesus would've karate chopped his way out of Jerusalem. Passion of The Christ also would've starred Bruce Lee as Jesus, instead of Mel Gibson.

• Only when you use it to harm innocent people.

• Silly lel its a sports to train ur mind and spirit

• That's not a thing! You made that up!

• Sometimes you need to join the sinful to regain innocence, bro.

• That's the problem, I promised to turn away from sin but I like martial arts & I'm not physically doing anything to upset the lord. & my belief in him & Jesus is as strong as ever

• I think if you learn to protect yourself instead of kicking some ass, it would not be a problem. I'm an atheist but I think Jesus would want you to protect yourself.

• How could they be sinful

• The relion behind it. I can't explain it, you're gonna have to look it up

• No one should ever call another religion wrong evil or sinful because its disrespectful to its practitioners. How would you feel if someone calls your religion wrong evil or sinful.

• And if its okay to disrespect others in your faith then its probably the evil 1

• I didn't know anyone ever thought it was? I'm confused