Do you think it is lazy/arrogant for actors on 'Game of Thrones' to not read the books?

At the Comic Con panel out of the 10 actors there, a Director, and a Producer (some random lady I've never heard of) ONLY Gwendoline Christie had read the books... like really? If I'm getting paid a ton of money to be on something like that... I'd be very motivated to read the source material.

Most Helpful Girl

• They might do that on purpose to avoid building up unreasonable or faulty expectations about how the movie should be.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Not really. They are doing their jobs very well as is. It DOES make me like Gwendoline Christie more though.

• Ian McIllinhey read the books too... and they destroy his part and rob him of good storyline. BS

• ... actually from what I understand that's just something Stannis just hasn't done YET.

• Example:

Axell Florent does not die in the books, yet in the show the only time we see him is when he decides to burn his wife's brother alive... like srsly... someone who is the head of a house loyal to him.

• They're paid to act not read the source material. So it all comes down to how much interest they take in the job beyond it being a job.

• They still act their parts very well

• Not really. Maybe it helps you get a better idea of the role or tone of the character. But all you are acting are the scripts given to you