Would you get a monkey as a pet?

Would you get a monkey as a pet?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, they're awful pets. Wild animals shouldn't be kept captive.

What Guys Said 12

• I would do a bit of research but I have a feeling that monkeys don't adapt well as pets. I love animals and would only keep one if it was benefit to the animal as I say I am not 100% sure but I suspect that any research would say that monkeys should be left in wild.
    riversafari.com.sg/.../img-squirrel-monkey-02.jpg

• I think we are finding more and more, that pets actually are pretty miserable. They need eminence stimulation as they don't have to worry about anything. a monkey would likely be far more advanced than a dog or cat, so you would need to be far more stimulating mentally with it to not be depressed...

• I wouldn't but knew a guy had a monkey as a pet it was same size as that one they called the guy The Monkey Guy

• No, way too much work

• My father actually tried to bring one home from Africa when he was deployed over there, didn't work out.

• No, only as my avatar 8)
    He's hard to handle darling, if he's unhappy he rushes to the top of a tree.
    It takes 2 crates of bananas to get him out of there!

• Nooooooooooo, but I would get you as a pet lol jk :p

• I don't know if I should take this as a compliment or as an insult Yazan!

• I think yazan would like to throw sticks which you have to get lol

• @asker It's definitely a compliment, but if it does sound like an insult for you then remember that English is not my first language so there will be a cultural barrier between what is considered to be a compliment in my language and what would it be taken as if it were translated to another language.

@hookingswan Hahahah only you can understand me right now :p

• Not a chance.
    bar the obvious and serious aspects of owning a monkey

I do not need to be awoken by a primate flinging shit into my face.. then running out the room.. dragging the cat by the tail with it.

• In my city there is a shelter for such monkeys... it is sad people think you can have monkeys as a pet and then they end up neglected

• Hell yeah. That would be cool. Like Anthony Davis (a basketball player)

• Isn't ur boyfriend more than enough? !

• SURE... i would

What Girls Said 11

• nope i dunno why i never really liked monkeys

• no i don;t like them

• Noooo!
    I hate monkeys. They scare me a little bit lol

• So it can tear off my face?
    Nah

• Yass 😍😍😍 🙈🙉🙊

• Sure, so cute 🐵

• No thanks. I don't want to deal with anyone's secretions from the bodies except my own.

• I've been spending way too much time on GaG n_n

• No I'd be too scared

• No. I don't think that would lead to a very fair or good life for the animal. I don't think most people, including myself, realize how much effort and time would be put into taking care of a monkey. Better off out in the wild, where they are mean't to be.

• Yeah! but prepped for hassle