Would you upload your mind into a robot if you were quickly dying?

Let's say that you are a scientist developing high tech robots with artificial brains. You are far from help and some goons come around to kill you. You somehow get away into a corner but are mortally wounded and the goons are going to break in and finish you off. You are bleeding and feeling shock setting in. You have a chance to upload your mind into a robot, but since the process is experimental, you have to destroy your body to do it. All your theories about the process working on a human are sound but haven't been done yet. Would you do it, or would you try to survive another way?

• Upload mind to robot
  • Try to survive another way

Most Helpful Girl

• Isn't this the plot to transcendence

• True. Even if I had it like transcendence u would still do it. I could save the world and heal the planet

• Well that would be a better situation than my question.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• I would try to preserve myself. So, I would attempt to upload my conscious to a robot. Why not give it a try if I'm about to die?

• Of course, that'd be pretty awesome.

• Awesome question by the way, and yes.

• i would do it.

What Guys Said 5

• Depends what they're after.. if they're just out too kill me, perhaps try and transfer all data too the robot. If they're after my brain, then no, I'd try another way too survive, as they could just as easily destroy the robot as well as myself. I'd go with a fight, no matter how wounded. However, if I KNEW I was going too die, I'd suicide, destroying my brain in the result.

• You could fight better dying than in a robot body?

• 0|0
  • Just how badass of a robot body are we talking here?

• Bullet proof and 100 times the strength, speed, agility and dexterity as an average human. You could basically kill them all.

• In fact, you could probably knock them all out with your bare robot hands and take them to jail, if you wanted.

• Time to watch Robocop!

• I'd do that if *weren't* dieing!!

• Been watching Chappie?