Why is there a voice (not literally) in the back of my head that tells me I can't do things?

So it isn't a literal voice that I hear it's just a constant pessimistic attitude that I can't keep from entering my thoughts. For example, I was thinking about what universities I wanted to go to once I graduate and I was looking at acceptance rates and I thought " oh, I'm smart enough to go there" and then out of nowhere a thought pops in to my head that I probably wouldn't get accepted. What is this, it is a sort of constant pessimism that can't get rid of.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you have piss poor self esteem. It's very difficult to build this up but it is imperative that you do so. You are valuable. You are worthwhile. You have limitless potential. Whether you allow yourself the opportunity to reach it or not is the question.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have that voice too. The negative thoughts that the voice say are like automatic. It tells me that I hate myself, that I'm awful, that there's no point etc etc.

What Girls Said 2

• Just ignore it and oush past those thoughts. Evrytime a negative one comes then think of something positive

• That's your negative ego.
    It's natural, but if it's hindering you from actually wanting it, then perhaps thearpy might work, or even some motivational talks you could look up on YouTube.

What Guys Said 2

• Omg i suffer from something similar. Like i am ALWAYS double guessing my self sometimes. And thats why i never do risky things...:( im calculating everything i do so im boring as fuck lmao.

• Here answer this question and take your mind off it.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1598103-protein-shakes-after-cardio