Is it safe to travel alone as a female to Cambodia?

I'm planning to be there for a week visiting the angkor ancient buildings.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are visiting Angkor what (located in Siem Reap) you'll be safe. I suggest you stay in Siem Reap and not Phnom Penh. Realistically it isn't safe to travel anywhere alone. You can hire a tour guide if you want. They will probably charge you double what they usually charge, so discount with them, and you rather have someone who knows there way around Siem Reap, as that will be a plus. Make sure you keep your bags, money and passports on you. And if you are in a hotel just make sure you lock the door up. Apart from that you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not really safe to travel alone anywhere, not just Cambodia. Even with guys, it's not safe to travel alone. Even if the guy has a weapon or weapons. All it takes is an ambush and an outnumbering type situation, and you are no longer safe. I suppose if you are from the military, they may teach you stuff to get out of situations like that. But even someone from the military would probably agree it's no walk in the park.

• @mooky06 might know

• Mybe safe or not but definitely it won't be fun... cus you traveling alone

• Better to pick me with you as your assistant/bodyguard/partner/friend 😎

• You never give advice but just talk useless opinions.

• Guess you are right this place isn't for people like me, better I should be on other useless sites like Twitter. Thanks for opening my eyes

• Not too safe to travel alone

What Girls Said 4

• Personally I wouldn't go there right now. If you research some news on Cambodia there is some dangerous stuff going on, that if traveling alone, you could put yourself in to trouble. I had Cambodian friends who left there because of the wars, and had nothing good to say, so traveling is one thing, traveling alone is another. Talk to a travel agent and see what they say. They usually are very honest and in the know with most of the world to know what you're in for.

• I think you know you would be MUCH safer traveling with a buddy. Unless you're very skilled in self defense, and are hyper aware of your surroundings, I wouldn't suggest going it alone in that area.

• Only the power to persuade. :P I'm zero in the self defense department.

• Yes i'm looking into travbuddy. com for a travel partner

• I've been traveling alone since I was 16. Not to Cambodia but many other places. It's all about being smart and aware of your surroundings :) Plus learning to defend yourself is never a bad idea.

• its not safe.