How do I tell others and get help for my self harm when someone else has just been found out?

I self harm, but no one knows at the moment, and I've been working up the courage for ages to tell my friends and get them to understand so I can find help. But now someone else's self harm has just been discovered and made them popular for some reason? I'm worried that if I reveal my secret to people now they will think I copied that other person so I too could be popular.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was a deliberate self harmer. As of my experience it's better not to say to any friend or family person... They bully, tease or get it wrong... Just take a professional help.

• Tell them something like you scratched yourself or you fell over something.

• ... or just tell them to go fuck with their own business...

Most Helpful Girl

• you should talk to a very close friend of yours.. who would not tell others.. and you should tell your parents.. they will help you and keep it confidential..

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• That's tough. I went to the guidance counselor at school. If you really want help that's the best place to get it. They will tell people who need to know and get you in to see someone

• I'd work up the courage... to STOP the self harm
    it really is NOT worth it, you'll see that in time