WTF, why do I get way better results when I post questions anonymously?

I'm not super active on this site and haven't pissed anyone off so no one has a grudge against me here...

But the last 4 questions I've posted (2 were anon, and the other 2 by my Gag name) and the 2 that were anon got way more responses and better results - like more than triple the responses & votes.

Why do you think that happened?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay well it could be one of three things...

1. Either you quoted the title better the second time you asked it which intrigued them more or shortened the details which didn't scare them off or bore them.

2. Maybe a lot of people have blocked you or you blocked them which while anonymous they can respond to your questions.

3. It's just a coincidence and you asked at a better time you know like evening vs. morning or night vs. afternoon and many people may not have been on the site at that tim. Or people that weren't on before that actually have an interest in your question/under that specific topic logged on later.

Most Helpful Guy

• It just does. The website algorithm might treat it differently but that would probibly be the only reason that I can think of.

What Girls Said 7

• Omg I got that pikachu figure somewhere!
    Anyway I don't know, I just answer questions, wether they're anonymous or not

• i think it depends what time of the day you post at.

• I posted a question with my GaG name a over a 30 minutes ago it only has one response...

• well i log on and off all day so maybe people do that same?
      plus it is rather late.
      haha

• Because we love you anonymous!

• I'm just trying to change the world and rid it of Scientology...

• Well it's probably just the question content. People didn't feel like answeri ng them.

• Maybe it has to do with people who have blocked you? Or it's just a coincidence.

• I haven't done anything that's block worthy unless someone is extremely sensitive... if that's the case, then they can just GFTS.

• Some people do block for no reason on here, or if you have different values (like religious etc)

• maybe because the anon question were more interesting..

• Not really, the reason why I posted 2 anon was because all 4 questions were very similar and I thought it would be less annoying if it looked like they weren't all posted by the same person.

• there can be many other reasons... but what you are thinking is not one of them..

• Could be a variety of factors. Time of day etc.

What Guys Said 0