Do you prefer reading a good book or watching a movie/tv show?

I never thought I'd say this, but I've come to enjoy reading a good book over watching tv shows and movies. I was wondering how many of you shared the same sentiment?

• A good book
  • Tv shows / movies

Most Helpful Girl

• Movies and shows are quicker
    There are visual things that may be in the background that can reference things or be referenced to in the future, music and lightin and angles make you feel emotions that reading just doesn't do justice, the tone of voice and expressions of the actors is better for empathy.

I love a good book, but comparatively movies and tv shows have books beat

• Comparatively, reading a well written book, you can come to appreciate the elegance of good writing, it's almost like art. Sometimes, I look back and re-read a passage just because of the sheer elegance in the way it was written.
      Plot wise, fiction novels often tell better stories than a movie or tv show does. You can also step inside the mind of a character whilst reading a book, whereas movies typically don't voice a character's thoughts. Anime is an exception to this, but then again, I really like anime also. Another thing, after I read a book, and then watch the tv/movie adaption, (ex Harry potter, game of thrones) I find that I like the way I envisioned the story much better than the director had. When reading a book, you're the director.

• True, but hen there are movies like Avatar where actually seeing the blue aliens move and he world is a feast for the eyes that no description in a book could compare to it

Most Helpful Guy

• If I have the time to really appreciate it.. book. A book is almost always 100x better than a film... but it's hard to find the time to really get in to a book, and a film is only a ouple of hours.. and you can even do something else while it's on.

I prefer to read, but watch far more than I do read.

What Girls Said 3

• I think I prefer the book, but if it's not amazing then reading can be really difficult for me because I can't concentrate on it :)

• I prefer reading a good book. I can imagine as I want while reading :)

• Book, because the male characters always look hotter in my mind.

What Guys Said 4

• if i was forced to choose between those 2 i'd choose tv shows/movies. tbh i find both kinda borin... but tv shows/movies r slightly better in my opinion

• Hmm depends on what I have done or plan to do that day, if I am tired or beat down from work, daily or whatever I will usually opt for a movie, but if I am fresh and mentally awake I'll opt for a good book.

• I like both.

• A movie gives pleasure for maybe2 hours but a good book much more so i go fora good book