Why are some women so delusional when it comes to how they look?

Just go to "how do I look" for example. It's filled with women who are 100lbs, calling themselves fat, with women who have small hips and a small butt, saying their butt is big, or really attractive girls calling themselves "average".

My friends in real life have did this also, I had a friend who is like 5'6", couldn't have weighed over 110lbs but she would grab the little part of her stomach, you know the normal, soft part... that everyone on the planet has, even really skinny girls and complain about how fat she was.

Now I take into consideration that most people are way harder on themselves but i'm still genuinely confused. How can a 100lb girl convince herself she is fat? How can a noticeably attractive girl, honestly think she is "average".

Sometimes I wonder if they just do it for attention or so that someone will compliment them. Are some women really this fucking delusional?

I just can't take them seriously lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what you mean i been struggling all my life to lose weight so far I've lost more when i went to the doctors today, it's only 4 lbs i loss but least it's something but i do agree with you. why would someone who weighs 100 lbs see their self as overweight some girl just the other day was calling herself fat than they wonder why us guys don't look their way or wonder why it makes us depress yes it happens.. I'm not meaning to say this to be offensive only to make a point , Yes they do it for attention you better
    believe that to be true i don't know what's wrong with them... Smh

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha I always think they're either just attention hungry or they are fishing for compliments.
    Or they're extremely bad people that like doing this in front of other girls who are less secure about themselves hence trying to make them feel even worse about themselves...
    Because the girl standing next to her is thinking "If she thinks she's fat... then what do Iook like to her?"

...

I don't' trust people like that. O. o

• I really hate it when attractive girls are calling themselves fat, for the exact thing you said. I would be the girl standing next to them. There's a girl I know who has a perfectly flat stomach and is all-around skinny. If she was any skinnier, she would look anorexic. And she still asked me if she was fat. Although I reassured her, I also wanted to hit her. If she thinks that she's fat, what the hell does that make me? I have a bulge of a stomach that I'm ashamed of, and hearing girls skinnier than me calling themselves fat just makes me even more insecure.

• @Asker and @InconspicuousBox - yes...
      Either they're completely unaware of the people around them (which indicates a level of insensitivity and a lack of empathy) or they are aware and do it on purpose.

Either way - not the kind of people I like. O. o

• WoW!

Thank you. =)

What Guys Said 10

• Many times they do it for attention
    but some are truly delusional
    I have a Gag friend who thinks she is 'below avg' even though in my opinion she is far from it
    i have a few girl friends in real life who are the same, they think just becuase they dont fit a specific type that they aren't hot
    which is not the case

Girls minds are crazy

• lol, it's true, some of the stuff we think is so insane, this being an example of it.

• Definitely, i've noticed a lot of women are convinced that every guy only wants one certain type of woman. And what they don't realize is one of the good things about most men is that they can appreciate anything pretty or attractive to them and that they like variety, it's great lol

• Yeah we really don't give a shit about most things girls worry about lol!

I just like girls with pretty hair and a nice smile...
      Everything else is just a plus

• yeah truth's some of 'em do it just for attention... but unfortunatelly i believe most of 'em actually think they r fat... coz they believe "skin n bones" is da ideal one... wrong thought.

• lol yeah I don't get it. I mean I think it's perfectly fine to be skinny and some skinny girls are beautiful. But since when did weighing 90lbs become the "ideal" and why do these girls who are soft and have cute shapes, think they're "fat" when they're actually just healthy. Since when did having some shape, a big butt, thighs, hips or boobs become so freaking bad lol

• they r influenced by those super-skinny models in da media :(

• A lot of attractive girls have mental issues about their bodies. Often this shows up as eating disorders.

They all measure themselves against some airbrushed supemodel, naturally beautiful, who has a personal trainer and makeup team... they can never WIN against her, so they are down on themselves.. even though normal people think they are near perfect.

• Many reasons.
    It's usually a combination of them loving attention and being an annoying whore.

• Some people have low self esteem or seek validation from others so that explains why so many good looking women are still insecure about themselves. I don't mind clearing away their doubts at all :P

• Sometimes it's for attention other times it's be they noticed they got a little bigger than they were before

• I don't know. I'm not a woman. I'm a man.

• hey are you paki?

• Don't really know.

• A lot of the time I think they are just wanting attention, and fishing for compliments. Other times it is because they can't attract the kinds of guys they want to date, because their standards are unrealistic. Instead of accepting their standards are unrealistic, they assume their standards are fine, and it must be that they are ugly.

I think a big part of it is that women keep getting told that only men are shallow when it comes to looks, so they assume whatever she wants must be reasonable. Apparently if they see a guy that is an 8 that hits on her, but she finds him unattractive, and no 9's or 10's hit on her, then she starts to think she is ugly because the handful of guys she sees as attractive are out of her league.

Overall I think it is a mixture of them wanting attention, and having unrealistic standards, which causes attractive girls to claim they are ugly.

What Girls Said 9

• Attention seeking usually, though also insecurity and body issues. I blame the media portrayal of women. A lot of girls don't understand how much air brushing and digital manipulation go into those photos, yet men actually do get it.

We hold ourselves as a rule to much higher standards than men do. Don't get me wrong, men love "perfect " women but they are aware they don't exist/aren't unattainable by them.

• It depends, there are those that seek attention. And then there are the people the genuinely think that way about themselves. They have a distorted body image, possibly low self esteem, and feel insecure. You can have a hundred people compliment you, but that one person that says you look ugly/fat is what really stands out and that's what you constantly hear in your mind all the time. It's just the way they perceive themselves maybe because they compare themselves to the ideal body image.

• I know it's especially hard for females and Body image and all. Especially with society's beauty standards. I'd like to think that these girls really see themselves like that but I know better. A lot of it is for attention. Especially the whole "am I fat" nonsense. That annoys me. Bc I actually AM fat lol. I look at these 100 lb girls like "really?"

• Feeling bad about your appearance is a choice. They enjoy putting themselves down for the sake of attention. But they actually do believe that. They are just lazy to change their perception of themselves. You can point to the media showing off unrealistic, photoshopped models - but if you know they are fake, why compare yourself to them? If they weren't fake, would the comparison actually help your case? People depend too much on comparisons to others, and put themselves down. It doesn't change who you are, whether someone is more or less attractive than you. Why sweat it? Why bother? Why care? Just be you.

It is not a difficult concept. You just have to stop looking for flaws and hating yourself.

• They're either fishing for compliments or are actually insecure I guess.

• well, its your opinion that she's attractive, and everyones taste is different. maybe she doesn't like her looks...

• There's this disorder that makes you see yourself differently, I forgot the name though.

• Yes, body dysmorphia? I think. But i'm not really talking about people who have an actual disorder, just other girls who have convinced themselves that they aren't attractive lol

• Some do it for attention, some honestly believe they are fat/ugly/etc

• It's usually for attention.

• What a stupid way to get attention lol

• Yeah, and the people giving them attention aren't any smarter.

• Exactly! I hate when people give compliments to obvious attention whores.