Electric guitar?

I got an electric guitar as a present so i was wondering if i can learn how to play it by watching youtube videos (any suggestions?) and how long will it take to learn if i practice for an hour or so daily?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of great channels on YouTube which will help you learn and you'll be able to see exactly what you have to be doing and how your fretting hand should be positioned so you don't hurt yourself. I don't know which ones are the absolute best since I don't use them. I learned guitar years ago before the existence of YouTube 😮 lol.

I'd also highly recommend getting this book: www.amazon.ca/.../ref=mp_s_a_1_1

I use that book with my guitar students (all ages) and they love it. I'd suggest learning some scales as well.

• If you practice way you've been learning correctly for an hour per day, you'll be pretty decent at guitar in a year and even better at two years. That's the average time line for improvement I've seen in my students over 7 years of teaching music.

• You're welcome and thanks for most helpful! I hope you find the books and videos you need :)

• No problem 💙and thank you again

What Guys Said 1

• Look up "Marty Schwartz" and "justinguitar". Best beginner channels in the world.

What Girls Said 0