We have been on two dates, would it be weird of me to send him an "happy birthday mesage"?

would it be weird of me to message this guy i went on two dates with?

So what happend was that we met over a month a go, and have been on two dates. But on the first date i kissed him (because i found him attractive), but the second date i realised i wasn't as attracted to him as i thought i was, so when he went for a kiss i told him no.

I would guess he's really confused and/or understand that not that into him. and last time we talked was on Friday and he had changed behavior, f. eks. using a long time to reply. so im pretty sure nothing is going to happen. Would it be odd of me to message him "happy birthday"?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know him, so send him the bday message. On a separate occasion you need to figure out with him what you both want, and since it's got nothing to do with his birthday, you shouldn't be conflating a birthday message with any other context (relationship)
    If you dont know what you want with him, then send him a message saying that you want to talk about you and him.
    But dont do it on his birthday unless you plan on something positive i. e. giving him a chance at a relationship with you - it would make his birthday special if that was what you wanted to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes you can. it's not odd. though the guy would have been hurt. When you send the message and he reads it, he would feel confused and feel worse. Imagine what he could have thought when you rejected his advances without even telling why. I think you should talk with him if you wanted to at least stay friends.

What Guys Said 4

• Do you want to see this guy again or not?

• well if he wanted to hang out again i wouldn't mind.. but it would only because i wanted to be his friend kinda thing

• Don't do anything to mislead this guy. He is very apt to over-interpret any gesture or statement that you make.

• It would be the nice thing to do, but are you doing it out of obligation or sincerity?

Up to you.

Who knows? It just might put a smile on his face.

• well i know i dont have to.. but its a nice to thing to do.. and it not like he's a complete stranger to me

• Okay. Here's a simple little way to determine if you should/shouldn't.

Flip a coin and if you act out the opposite of what the outcome dictates, then you'll know what you really feel.

It's one thing going along with fate. It's another going with your gut against fate. If that makes sense.

• No it's not weird at all! But maybe you guys should talk about your relationship?

• No, it wouldn't be weird.

What Girls Said 2

• Sending him a happy birthday is not a big deal. Go for it.

• Honestly, if you had wanted to maintain the relation, you should have let him kiss you the second time as well. This is seen as rejection. But send the message if you want.

• ofc.. but im not going to kiss him simply because he wants to kiss me... it should be a to way street.. and i dont want to be rude if that makes sense.. thats why im askng if i should send it or nor.. you dont thin its oss since we aren't really talking anymore?

• You had kissed him before. So of course this is confusing now. Well, send the message, see what happens.