Dressing immodestly hides who you really are. Agree or disagree?

"Modesty veils physical beauty in a world obsessed with it, in order to reveal the inner beauty that is often overlooked."
--http://chastityproject.com/2015/07/i-never-knew-a-bikini-could-hide-so-much/

Do you agree with the author of this article? Girls, how do you feel about bikinis? And guys, does the way a girl is dressed change the way you look at her?

0|0
3|8

Most Helpful Guy

• as always, this opinion might mean nothing to some people.

modesty is a really relative word and its measure depends on the individual aspect of everyman.

So is beauty, there isn't an absolute aesthetics on physical attractiveness, and the obscurity of "the inner beauty" have gotten properly vast.

dressing the single itself is being proposed to hide the society called shame which is
    been gradually substituted little by little in centuries. dressing makes no different from veil. but how to dress is fundamentally labelled yourself to a certain point
    (
    What you want to be , What the others want you to be, What you want to be after knowing the other want you to be, and this do not classify who you are, actually i very disagree with categorization.
    )
    and the final decision of your appearance is a consequence of contradictory argument with your conscious (that's why people spent so much time in dressing room)
    Does the style with undisguised allurement really destroy the nature of childlike innocence on yourself? doesn't makeup?
    i think part of it is before you put on dress, you're yourself, the excitement of satisfied need of imminent social activities really have knocked you down to the direction you're already inclined to, exaggerated the nuance of your multiple traits.

about the "inner beauty", in the author's version, it's being good wife and good mom,
    you see , the definition of beauty is various, from my view, it takes more than dress an one-piece for being a good spouse. and the beauty of knows one's place is repel to the seductive dressing itself?
    what i see is the indication of chemical signal that woman is not available for mating cause she already had a partner , and for the single ones who try to find a parner with exposed body which is just a signal for men's information. can it relate to one's self worth?
    i think i've seen at some random beaches there are a lot of people in nude, actually basically all of them, and none of them try to hide or something, they just stroll around, take a nap even some of them were having sex in public, and this article doesn't seem to fairly stand its place in these kind of phenomenons, intriguing.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No this is just more slut shaming. Women should not be ashamed of their bodies because they are not inherently vulgar things. It's ridiculous that a woman has to cover what a man shows all the time in order to feel safe or respected or accepted.

1|1
    0|1
    • Biology is mean and evil. Tough life. Deal with it.

Mens bodies and their aesthetics lies in their practicability, womens bodies and their aesthetics lies in beauty and fertility. Thus the standards are different towards both.
      Not to mention guys aren't taken serious who run around in wife-beaters and such, but wear suits when they want to be taken serious and professional.

"You take a caveman, shave him, give him a three-piece suit, and put him on Wall Street, and he looks like all the others barbarians on Wall Street. Our brains haven’t changed at all in the last 100,000 years.” - Michio Kaku

• Show All
    • Persevere differently depending on the society we are raised in. Therefore NOT biology.
      Nurture, not nature. @fakenane123

• Perceived*

What Guys Said 7

• It does somewhat

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, I've always preferred the modest, vintage look of the classic eras to be honest the one piece among them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't agree with this... if this was the case then honest beauty would only be more prevalent in other cultures. I have seen and met some very modest women who are ugly in attitude and behaviour...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, clothes are superficial in themselves. Only a naked body shows who a person really is for mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do agree with this

0|0
    0|0
  • People can dress whatever way they want.

0|0
    0|0
  • No and yes.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No I don't agree... who we really are is when we are naked.

1|0
    1|1
  • i dont agree.

1|0
    0|0