Secular organizations to help out other countries?

In the US many churches go on mission trips.
I've always thought that helping people out like they do could be a lot of fun, but I'm an atheist. Is there any organization (other than the peace corps because I've already looked into that) without religion that goes to other countries to help people? I don't see a reason to go to another country to tell them "You should believe in god because he helps everyone in first world countries but he doesn't wanna help you." It just seems like a smack in the face to preach to people who need help, because if god was that great then these people wouldn't need the help in the first place.

I'm not in the mood to get a lecture about how my beliefs are wrong or that I shohld believe in god because you aren't goung to change my mind, so can someone just give me some ideas of organizations I could contact to help people in other countries for a summer or something that doesn't involve any religion at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• I completely understand you. The reason I don't give money to religious organizations that help children in poor areas is because the money will be used for proselytizing efforts. I wish there was a secular organization that did the same thing... I give money to UNICEF.

• Yeah it just seems sick to try to convince someone to believe in something that obviously isn't going to help them anyway.
      Thanks for responding :)

What Guys Said 2

• UN food program or peacekeeping.

• Seems like you're more worried making sure everyone understands how much you hate religion than actually finding info, which by the way is pretty easy to find online with a simple search.

• I was just asking if anyone here would know of some places. Im also looking online, but I'd like some recommendations from people who may have actually worked in a program like this.
      I am not trying to make sure everyone knows that I dislike religion, but generally when people ask questions that have to do with staying away from religion on here people would rather tell them that their beliefs are wrong rather than actually answer. I don't need to be told that I'm going to hell because I don't care, and I don't need to be told that what i believe is wrong. I just want to help people without preaching to them because my friends who have been on mission trips always talk about how religion was a large part of the trip, and i would rather the focus of the trip be actually helping families

• k

What Girls Said 0