Guys, would you think a girl is too needy/clingy if she got mad that you only texted her once a day?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. There shouldn't be any mandatory number of texts somebody has to send.

What Guys Said 19

• Frankly, yes.

Men and women have different communication needs, and men generally prefer to to speak in person, and avoid phone calls and texting, especially when those calls and texts aren't task-oriented (meaning, when they're "just to talk"). Guys don't multitask well, so talking on the phone or texting means a guy has to stop anything else he is doing - even if all he was doing was relaxing.

The more you get upset at him for not communicating, the less he's going to WANT to communicate with you, because he knows that any communication is going to result in an argument or you being depressed/upset. You only work against yourself that way.

Instead, try this: THANK HIM when he DOES communicate with you, and tell him how much you appreciate it and how important it is to you. If you do THAT instead, you'll make him MORE interested in communicating with you.

The other thing you can do is to learn NOT to share gossip and relationship drama (about other people's relationships) with him. I promise you: HE DOES *NOT* CARE about that stuff, even though it's really important to you. Would an in-depth discussion of rebuilding a 1968 Holley 4-barrel carburetor be of interest to you? How about a discussion of the merits of the various fighter planes of WWII? You probably care nothing about that and would be bored to tears, and he KNOWS THAT, so he doesn't talk about stuff like that with you. Do him the same courtesy and find some girlfriends to talk about that stuff with, and limit your communication with him to things that directly affect YOUR OWN relationship together.

And do your best to do your talking face-to-face, and limit your texting. The more reasonable you are with your expectations, the better the chances are that he'll meet, or even exceed them.

• If you have a decent reason why, yes. If not, once a day IS a bit sparse. I'd go for at least a few more. Doesn't seem unreasonable to want more than one message a day.

• Absolutely. I'd probably lose interest in her completely if she gave me a hard time because of it. I take a little while to reply to messages. Even if she was my ideal woman, if she gave me a hard time because of that, I'd lose interest in her completely.

• That's not to say that I would be upset if she told me she'd like to hear from me more often. If I liked her, I think it would be kind of cute. However, her getting mad over it or giving me a hard time over it will kill my interest completely and I'd leave her immediately.

• yes - I would dump her in a heartbeat. Why is this necessary? If a guy wants to do so, great. If he does not, then, if this is important, find another guy. If you try to make someone do what you want - it will not last anyway.

• Really depends on the guy personally and possibly his age. I know younger generations grew up with texting and its just a part of their lives to text all the time but for older guys it could be a problem.

• I don't text much and would likely not work with a girl as explained, I think I would end up going crazy and leaving unless we found some middle ground...

• Yeah, sometimes I just want a day to myself, its not personal.

• i hate texting. i would rather face to face. constant contact is not good for a relationship. it takes away the magic of finding out things about the other person.

• No but I would think she was being kind of ridiculous.

• Sounds a bit clingy to me. You should text each other when there is something to say or to say good morning or goodnight but it shouldn't be expected

• I will try to leave her asap

• DAMN, HOP OF DEEZ NUTZ

• I'd tell her to cool her jets and that I have a life outside of entertaining her.

• Probably yes don't show you mad just tell him you want to speak to him more.

• Yes, I would, and it'd be a huge turn off.

• yes surely it is... being mad on such a thing isn't a good thing

• Yeah for sure

• yes, redflag alert... .

• I think it would be super cute if she wanted me to text her multiple times a day. If she got mad at me if I didn't, then there would be a problem.