How do you make your gauc?

Help I forgot the spice packet I usually use 😭😭😭😭 I want it spicy with basic spices but I don't know what ones. How do you make it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use a mortar and pestle to make it. I use unground salt and pepper first, and grind it down a little using said mortar and pestle. Once it's ground down a little but still coarse, I put in a healthy amount of cilantro, either chopped by hand or in a food processor, about a tablespoon of minced garlic, and squeeze half a lime's juice into it. Then I grind it all up until it becomes almost kind of a paste. That's why I use the coarse salt and pepper, as an abrasive for that part. Once that's done I slice, pit, and peel the avocados, and put them in the mortar. I slice them up a bit with a knife and then mash them with the pestle, but not too much, I don't like my guacamole totally smushy, I like some chunks of avocado to survive. So I mash a bit, then stir to make sure it's all mixing with the cilantro paste. Then I usually add chopped scallions and tomatoes, give it another few flips with a fork, and hit it with a little extra salt and lime juice to make sure it evenly mixed, and maybe a little more of the chopped cilantro as well. Then it's Go Time, haha.

• Oh, and add chopped jalapeños or even hotter peppers to spice it up, or use a little ground cayenne.👍

• JFC you use a molcajete? I am genuinely impressed! :)

• @DodgersGM Yup, haha. Go big or home. I gotta switch it up to "molcajete", it makes me feel worldly, hahaha. But yeah, I only cook a little bit, I don't have a lot of recipes in the arsenal. I'm super picky and don't like most foods or at least combinations of foods and/or seasonings and sauces, so I just make a piece of chicken breast and steamed rice and broccoli almost every night, haha. But guacamole is one of my specialties, in addition to bruschetta, which I think we've discussed before. I was out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant and we got tableside guacamole, and I watched the waiter make it. It's so easy it's crazy NOT to make it at home. I randomly happened upon a cheap "molcajete"😎 at a store, and then I just checked out a few recipes online to get the basic idea of measurements. Now I just eyeball it. Too easy and too good to not make it at least twice a week, haha.

What Guys Said 5

• Losing the spice packet was a blessing in disguise. LOL

Just follow @WhiteSteve's technique. Some people omit tomatoes (I'm one of em), but it's damn good either way.

• bahhaaa! fuck this is so awesome!

try using red onions (sliced) and jalapeno peppers (sliced & diced)

• I went to make it and one of my avocados was ripe the other was like semi turning brown but both hard as a fucking rock I failed at Gauc today lol

• if your talking about guacamole just chop of tomato onion cilantro jalapeno add salt to taste lime if you liked it that way maybe a little garlic powder or granulated then just add a bit of water deepening if you like it soupy or think

• First I vomit in a bowl. Then I add some thickening agent, green food dye, and ta-da. Guac.

I hate Guac with a passion

• I make it in my car when I had it stuck in snow, mud or sand:)

What Girls Said 1

• I use the Epicure spice specifically for guac and I use two avacados and a tiny bit of lime juice. Mash it all up and there ya go. Epicure spice is the best tasting guac I have ever had it doesn't compare to any other spice.