I STILL feel awful months later about stealing.. and getting caught?

I stole a LOT of stuff from a department store arounf prom season (so May). I haven't stolen anything since then.
I was dismissed of all charges, but I can't help but feel guilty.

I have been depressed, sad, and feeling awful about myself since this happened. I can't forgive myself, or let go.

I'm truly not a bad person.. I just did a bad thing. Can someone help me get over it?
Also, please share your stories of stupid things you did as teens to make me feel better :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry maybe get some counseling there is reason you're doing them things but you don't deserve to be locked up you need help..

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people seem to have stolen something at some point. I have stolen doughnuts from Walmart (the ones on display you know? ) and most of my friends have stolen bigger items. Its wrong yes but we all make mistakes. You feel guilty because you're a good person.

What Guys Said 5

• I'll tell you one stupid thing I didn't do, steal

• there is nothing wrong with stealing.
    what's wrong is you got caught.

HAHA.

• They shouldn't have dropped the charges. How much did you steal? I believe if you do the crime, you do the time (or fine or whatever). That simple. You probably only feel bad that you got caught. That's how it is for most people.

• I was with 3 friends. All together, we stole jewelry, perfume, and makeup

• You are a criminal. If you commit a crime you are a criminal. If you can't get that through your thick skull, then you are the one who needs to gain some intelligence. Trust me, anything I regret won't be criminal action, I can tell you that. Some people like me know better than to make the choice to commit a crime. Just how it is. You can stop replying to me any time you like, so the ball is really in your court on that one.

• Have a nice life :)

• I steal movies, tv shows and music all the time and I don't give a shit. Just stop caring.

• When you go to prison you might feel differently

• unless you are having urges again (kleptomania), its not a big deal. Just don't do it again! Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect.

What Girls Said 0