How would you react if hypothetically a single Independent candidate managed to get 60% of the popular vote?

How would you react if hypothetically a single Independent candidate managed to get 60% of the popular vote yet a Republican/Democrat still managed to win the 2016 election and become President?

Most Helpful Guy

• How would I react? If I voted for the independent I'd be disappointed but not much else I could do

What Girls Said 2

• That's exceedingly unlikely. We would already be seeing this person on the national stage if they were going to make that kind of impact.

• Depending on his/her beliefs of be stoked!

• So fare the only independent I know of running in!2016 is Jill Stein, and her beliefs are healthcare and education is a human right and she believes in closing all our military bases in other countries and using that money to rebuild America.

• You a Republican?

• I'm a libertarian.

What Guys Said 3

• I always thought of the US as being a two party system - I would be amazed if a third party canditate or independent won - The shockwaves would be immense sure the whole legislature would be messed up.

• I would say, " well that's America. Believe it or not we don't have a true democracy"

If you ask me this whole country (like the Roman Empire) is going to hit the fan within the next 200 years. Maybe I am insane.

• The same way I'd react if a hypothetical bear-shark hybrid knocked on my door trying to sell me a vaccuum cleaner.

In that it doesn't matter how I'd react because it won't ever happen.

Honestly, the bear-shark is a more likely scenario.

• Now I've spit coffee all over my monitor.

Damn bear-shark vacuum cleaner salespersons!