Why is that when a guy says he doesn't like fat girls, he's shallow but if a woman likes tall men she's empowered?

You see it every day girl comes out I like tall guys and to me thats fine and dandy she can like whatever she wants but she's considered empowered. I said I don't like fat girls, I don't nesesarily bully them or Am mean to them I just would never date one because mayority of us males fine them unatractive. Shouldn't this double standart be gone with "feminism"

Guys girls opinions on this. Purely objective tho

Most Helpful Girl

• Any time you call anything fat, people get offended even if its absolutely true. I had a conversation about this the other day in that, why is it okay to call someone skinny if they are like 5'5 and weight 110 lbs, but call someone 5'5 who weighs 200 lbs, and suddenly you're a bad person. You like what you like and rather then get hung up on people thinking or calling you a bully (obviously if you're bullying that's something else), but literally at this point, I'm like okay, tell me the definition of fat. Now, what is your argument with what I said.

• I mean I don't bully anyone I actually help the overweight chicks at the gym with dieting and working out and I've had an instance where a girl thanked me cause after my advice she lost 10 pounds. I just hate that women put up the glandurar issue excuse. For example I used to weigh 108 at 5'9" I was a twig! I have gon eto the gym for a little bit and managed to gain 27 pounds, still skinny but getting there, and I have hyperthyroidism (keeps you skinny) soo anyone can do it !

• I'm not saying you bully, just saying if you are calling someone fat in order to bully them, then that's different, but pointing out something that is true, as in my example, 5'5 and weigh 200lbs, you're fat. And for those people who get all mad if you point that out, why is it then okay for them in particular to call someone 5'5 and 110lbs skinny? You can't have it both ways. I appreciate the people who own it, and those especially who are working on it to get healthy. That's absolutely admirable.

• yeah and I support them both ways skinny people who want to get fit and fat people who want to loose weight but dont bash someone for not liking something. its time we start to face reality in afew things

Most Helpful Guy

• Umm, maybe it is because by society standards we as men aren't allowed to have them? We're supposed to accept any girl that comes our way. I mean it doesn't matter if she stinks, has messed up teeth, a bad body, ugly, a loudmouth with a bad hairdo, fat, bad skin etc.

If we don't #date a girl because of those reasons listed above we'll automatically be called #gay and or #shamed for it, right? And usually it's by the girls who fit those bills (looks wise). i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Heck, girls will even #help 1 another out though via shaming tactics like "you aren't a #real man since you wouldn't look past that little flaw of hers" or "come on __ you know you could have at least given her a chance. I mean just because she's fat doesn't mean she isn't a great person".

Yet those same very girls will #reject a guy over his bad clothes -_-. Not only that but other girls will #egg them on via saying things like "girl I know that' I wouldn't dare date a guy who couldn't dress" yet I thought we were the so called shallows 1;s LOL

Basically, society seems to like to protect women's feelings while leaving ours out on an island (figuratively speaking) as if we're robots.

• I approve this message

• @Ihav2fart sensei one time I rejected this 1 fat Americans reject looking broad. Well, she had the nerves to call me gay LIKE WTF just because you're a girl/have a coochie I'm supposed to automatically accept you? Most of the time the people who try to shame you about this topic are ugly as fuck LOL

• Lol, seen and heard it before grasshop. This is what society has come to. We're in dark times...

What Girls Said 9

• Because idiotic women who think feminism means restricting male freedom say that shit i honestly think everyones entitled to stating what they find attractive

• Well first of all, you're comparing apples to oranges. Being fat and being tall are two different attributes so I also don't think this comparison is very fair. But no, you shouldn't force yourself to like or whatever something you don't like. Also, people take offense to the term "fat". Call them "Adipose challenged" or something.

• I've never heard that. Also why did you mention woman liking tall men is considered empowering? Someone being fat and someone being tall are two different physical attributes. I've said I wouldn't date a fat guy and have been called shallow. It happens to everyone who rejects someone based on their appearance.

• Well yeah but I just said " I don't like fat girls and most men don't" we all know this is true ut I got bashed pretty hardcore by a bunch of girls

• yeah fat has been consistantly unnatractive for years on years. people should stop being lazy and work their ass off and change it, they CAN

• Well there are some who enjoy the plus sized population. I understand the reason behind the movement because there are some individuals who can't lose the weight for medical reasons. But there are those who hide behind it to make excuses. In the end to each his own.

• I don't believe that at all. People have their own preferences and they shouldn't be labeled "empowered" or "shallow" for having them. They're just preferences.

• Not really comparing like to like here.

To me, "girl says she likes tall guys" = "boy says he likes slim girls"

Whereas, "boy says he doesn't like fat girls" = "girl says she doesn't like short boys".

The first set of statements is inoffensive. The second set could be perceived to be shaming people about physical characteristics that they may or may not have control over.

• you dont have control over height but weight is changeable for ANYONE

• no , its fine since we are only talking objectively. I'm only stating my opinion pon the issue

• I know, I saw your comment on an earlier opinion. Your weight/fitness is clearly important to you, so it makes sense that you're judging people based on these things. But some people don't find it as important and therefore don't see a need to "work" towards a particular goal. As long as they're reasonably fit (and believe me I know "fat" girls who run half-marathons), I think that lifestyle choice is as valid as your own, so would hope nobody gets their feelings hurt over it.

Then again, that is my personal opinion.

• How are you empowered by liking tall guys? You're not. You don't say, "Hey, this ones 6'4. I think I'll ask for his number". It doesn't work that way.

• But I hear laddies say "I won't date a guy whos not taller than me" all the time and noone bats an eye say you like skinny girls and there's a riot of feminist on your case

• Actually I hear a lot of females back guys on that. A lot of people like their partner to be similarly fit to themselves.

• Um, those are two completely different things. If you're going to complain about something, don't make it about different things.

Guys get shit if they say they don't like fat girls. Yep.. And girls get shit if they say they don't like fat guys.

• its actaully relatable because I get shit for having a preference in physical traits and a girl is okay with liking a physical trait

• Its a double standard get over it

• double standard.

What Guys Said 8

• Because double standards. You can say I love fat women and you'll be praised and called real man. Try saying I love skinny women and see how much hate you'll get.
    Just like when a woman says she loves tall men she'll get hate from the short men, but if she says the opposite she'll get love.

Hypocrites and double standards, that's life.

• hey man I'm average height and I don't hate on girls who like tall dudes, they look better, no homo

• I wasn't referring to you, I know many short or average height men don't hate, but many do.

• well the trick is to not take women seriously who come up to you with that line of argument. Do you think i take a woman seriously who questions me for having my own preferences, while she is able to cling on to hers? No lol, of coarse not. Women like that aren't even on my radar. Also to the women who are saying "well we're talking about two different things here"... well let me ask you this. Would you rather have every male not be attracted to you for a trait that you can change, or a trait that you cannot? Personally, a physical trait is a physical trait. Trying to deflect the argument in a way that makes you look less shallow is a pointless affair. Most people are shallow, and they have a right to be. But don't be in denial about it, because it makes you look terrible

• If people think your selfish or an ass because you dont date fat chicks, its their problem. Fuck them and their thoughts.

• Ehh, I say what I want when I want.

• I think this is a great question because I have sort of the same problem. I just dont find a woman bigger than me attractive whether it is height and\or weight but it is hard to voice my preference without being labeled shallow or an a-hole. I am not a super big guy but definitely above average in weight. I hope to see some good opinions on this. I will say that I would never treat someone differently just because of what they look like this is purely as a romantic\attractive attraction

• What does it make me if I think you're a dumb, pathetic little whiny bitch?

• Hey I say fuck it. I feel it's shallow for men to not like fat girls and I feel it's shallow for women to not like short guys. But hey fuck it. Be you.

• Because women can do no wrong in our culture now.